Captains Night 12/16 - No admin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captains Night 12/16 - No admin

I'm traveling without my game client, and the other admins are busy, too. Play on without our official event tonight, voting in Captains as often as you like.

So many great games lately, everyone. Thanks for the fellowship and the fun. :)
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

We did it socially. Excellent Games. See these for the silly rushes:

http://rr.tacticalgamer.com/Replay/W...nds=1481945660
    http://rr.tacticalgamer.com/Replay/W...nds=1481946096

Comment

Those were great to watch. Thanks for sharing.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

So, from the other perspective (not captured) we rushed on aliens, failed, and had this back and forth "surely it can't work the second time" and just... did it anyway.

On the marine win game we were just out of sorts and wanted desperately to do the same vent for no other reason than nostalgia.

Unrelated, but still very important: is anyone else noting how smooth but low-resolution Nom's game is? Is he playing this on a potato?

Comment

TodPunk I have a 24", 1080p monitor, but I play using a lower in-game resolution, 1280x720. This lets me see bigger targets and helps improve the frame rate. One downside is a muddier image since the game stretches the resolution from 720p to fullscreen. I've gotten used to it, though. Another downside is lower fov compared to 1080p, but it's offset by the in-game fov slider set to max and the fact that 16:9 monitors have such a wide display. YouTube compression and Replay resolution upscaling causes all that pixelation. My local OBS recordings are crisp, though.

I take advantage of every game setting in order to maximize performance and visibility, so my game hardly looks pretty. If you think my local recordings look smooth at 60 FPS, it's only about half as smooth as actually playing at 120 Hz with over 120 FPS and ULMB.

Also, stuffing the rush on Eclipse.
          Last edited by Nominous; 12-18-2016, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Those hydras I got up were satisfying as all get, though. If we had done the gorge rush properly it would have been amazing, but I'm happy to have lost that one after the successful hydras (that we were all supposed to do).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X