Requesting Local Voice Chat Feature

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting Local Voice Chat Feature

Tonight an idea was proposed that a 2nd voice chat that goes to all near you, similar to the catchat mod on Wooza's, would be lovely. There really isn't any competitive reason to do so but the potential entertainment value is high and since it would require a 2nd hotkey shouldn't affect normal serious gameplay.

The fun value I feel far outways any effort downsides and those that don't want it don't need to bother with it.

Aye. Second this. This would be a nice addition.

Comment

I third this. Along with Local All Chat
      I want to be able to yell towards a gorge as I hunt him down.

Comment

Agree that you should be able to whisper "this marine looks tasty", prior to a focus bite, without giving away your position.

Comment

I think the request is for a local all voice chat, for clarification.

Comment

yes it is for local all voice chat, I apologize for any confusion.

Comment

If this is a standalone published mod, someone please link me to it.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...chtext=catchat

This is it.

Comment

4th this.

Comment

This is still on my list.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

( which is not to say it will end up on the game server -- I'm just saying I haven't forgotten about the request -- I still need to evaluate it )

Comment

I love this idea, especially if it is local to a room. But I worry that an All-voice chat would just be abused and then require more moderating to contain it.

Comment

Right. I haven't yet focused on this mod enough to speak knowledgeably yet, and I recognize the success the mod has had elsewhere, but people think multiple, isolated voicecomm channels are a good idea until they realize how they interfere with each other during play, and that's before abuse even comes into play (which of course would make it an even-higher-maintenance experience).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X