Pregame timer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregame timer

I personally feel that 60 seconds is a little too short to decide and confirm teams. I'm talking about the green text that appears in the middle of the screen (to which I am unaware of the required criteria for this to occur). I understand that there is a concern to keep the games moving and getting them started, so clearly this time should be kept in mind. I purpose a 90-second window and there could be a command to speed this up if the teams are ready (if this is desired). I do like that swap pauses the timer which helps, maybe switch should pause the timer as well (after a switch has occurred)? Because it's allowing for the team dynamics to change without the time for each side to see how they feel about them and without know what they are exactly.

Thoughts?

The pre-game force-start timer kicks in anytime the team rosters are dominated with regulars.

It has been a few days since I changed its behavior. Recent changes have met the "more time" spirit of your request. I hope you'll be pleased when you experience them, and I'd love your additional feedback -- either way -- afterwards.

Any pre-game roster change raises the timer -- whether switch/swap driven or not. Additionally, merely proposing a swap raises the timer. This has alleviated the "we need more time" need for roster designers while expediting the game's start for complacent players.

Two occupied command structures still starts the game, so it's still risky to get in the command structure when you're not sure about teams. Commanders who don't know any better can compromise the efforts of folks trying to move people around pre-game.

I'm working on code that, in the context of this pre-game force-start timer, will make "ready" necessary from both Commanders in order to start the game before the timer expires -- merely being in the Command Structure won't be enough... until the timer expires. That code should be ready early next week, if not sometime this weekend.

I think there's a UI decoration opportunity to help us track which swap pairs have been created by proposers, but I haven't figured that out yet. If anyone's put thought there and wants to share good ideas, go for it.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
      I'm working on code that, in the context of this pre-game force-start timer, will make "ready" necessary from both Commanders in order to start the game before the timer expires -- merely being in the Command Structure won't be enough.
      Related: https://www.tacticalgamer.com/forum/...-ready-unready

Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X