Captains Night 1/20 - 8PM Central

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captains Night 1/20 - 8PM Central

Anyone familiar with our rules is welcome to join us tonight at 8:00PM Central for a curated, password-protected event (I'll post the password in another post below just before 8:00PM Central). Here is a rundown of the event:

Fellowship:
    Throughout all of Captains Night, use the player name by which TGNS regulars best know you. Captains Night is a special time to come together with known regulars and friends.

Playing BOTH Rounds:
    Don't play unless you can reliably stay for the entire map (mid-map emergency? tell your team and bail. dinner and/or friends showing up does not an emergency make).

This expectation is important to participants, and admins protect it.

Taking a Break:
    Each map begins with a short, announced break for food, bathroom, and fellowship. Except for these breaks, don't AFK during the event.

After each break, the Captains are identified for the current map.

Becoming a Captain:
    TGNS regulars known to participants are invited to Captain and personalize team selections on Captains Night. The first player to volunteer as Captain selects his opponent Captain. This opponent selection should prioritize gameplay quality, but the team-picking selections should absolutely prioritize competitive strength.

Opting In:
    Player opt-ins open up once both Captains are ready. If you miss the opt-in window for a given map, speak up and we'll get you playing on the next map for sure (if not immediately).

Selecting Teams:
    As team selections begin, listen for instruction. Only Captains speak during team selection -- text chat is always available to everyone (and, of course, voicecomm opens up to all players once teams are formed).

Gameplay:
    Captains Night is everyone's curated opportunity to apply our most satisfying teamwork, communicative tactics, and great fellowship. Try your hardest, but have fun together!
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

The initialization of the 2nd-round countdown timer is still intermittently unreliable (if/when/once it appears, it's reliable). I've begun efforts to restore its reliability, but take caution entering your Command Structure before Round 2 -- you might start Round 2 without warning.

Recent changes:

) added "Voters" summary header/count to top of mapvote green text
    -- to raise awareness to mapvote participation - or the lack thereof

) SMs now have sh_setspawns access for non-Captains games
    -- only immediately after being dumped to the RR after a game

) pre-game force start: ready/unready
    -- only when center green text is visible

) recent changes you might have missed

And that's not all, so check out the rest of the TGNS Forums to learn what else is happening!

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

If you play here often, consider purchasing a Tactical Gamer Supporting Membership. TG is staffed entirely by volunteers (I purchase SM like any other TG admin) -- the subscriptions allow TG to purchase our excellent technical infrastructure. They also provide TGNS players the best reserved slot we offer -- SMs enjoy the best continuity and the fewest interruptions, and they do a great service to us all.

Thank you to everyone who plays here regularly, and thank you to those of you who make that possible for all of us.

The link above is correct. It returns an error to anyone not logged into the site. Login to view the SM link above:

1) Login to these TG forums

2) Click the then-visible top-level navigation "Supporting Memberships" link
      _
      Supporting Memberships top-level navigation link (visible for logged-in users)

Comment

Don't share the password directly. Share the thread URL (folks need to read that first post before joining).

Password: tgns45

steam://run/4920//+connect tgns.tacticalgamer.com:27015 +password tgns45

Comment

I can't recall the last time I lost so often while having so much fun. Thanks for all the great games and laughs tonight, all.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X