unable to nominate maps, server defaults to summit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to nominate maps, server defaults to summit

Admins, can move this thread if placed improperly.

Today, noticed that the server cannot accept nominations and that the server always self resets to ns2_summit after a successful round is played. We've had to rely on guardians to sh_changelevel and there is no way to police to which map the server is changed. Just FYI.

also i may have just accidentally changed the map on the server at the end of the game.... my apologies :(

the map was on summit and I was ready to change it to biodome. I entered sh_changelevel ns2_biodom (without the e), and didn't realize it would change. Sorry about that. won't do it again.

Comment

I think this is fixed. Let me know if you see otherwise.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

nominations are broken again. all of the normal maps cannot be nominated, and the map list to vote on at the end of a map are all.... nonstandard maps.

Comment

I just tested this at 1:00 AM EST (right now). Could not nominate any maps other than mineshaft. Tried Veil, Refinery, Summit, Docking, Mesh, Descent, Biodome ... No bueno. I assume the plugin resets when the server restarts.

And may I just say, thank you for all your work Wyzcrak!
          HaX^

Comment

Right. I'm still working this. More as I know it. Don't hesitate, with the general blessing of those present, to just use sh_changelevel during mapvotes to keep variety in the rotation.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

So it was working Saturday (iirc), but it's fallen over again now. It's giving an error that maps "have been played too recently". I think it's just not resetting the timer correctly, because when I last tried to nominate something that hadn't been played, it worked fine.

Comment

I've got a fix I hope to deploy tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by smiley View Post
                  nominations are broken again. all of the normal maps cannot be nominated, and the map list to vote on at the end of a map are all.... nonstandard maps.
                  I think that was a good opportunity for players to play on "non-standard" maps that seem to go unappreciated and relatively unnoticed. Just recently I went to the empty server and through all the unfamiliar maps, seriously exploring them for the first time. Some of them are very good and I'm actually quite surprised they don't get many votes. It's a shame really, especially since things are starting to get boring on the regular maps, it's been 5 years after all.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X