Maplist/Pruning Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maplist/Pruning Thread

UPDATE: You can go HERE to VOTE on the custom maps!

Wyz posted the link below to see the current mapcycle (http://rr.tacticalgamer.com/MapCycle), and Sargon and I pulled the current list from it.

I could NOT get discovery_a1 to load on the server, so it's not in the list for the vote.

All map photos were taken on the TGNS server using the latest map version. Everything is accurate.

Please think of voting in this manner:

Love It: I want to play this more often!
    Like It: It's a good map, maybe a few problems, but I enjoy playing some games on it.
    Lose It: Whether it's broken or just bad, please remove this map.
    Don't Know It: I haven't played it enough to have an opinion.

you can vote multiple times, and it's anonymous. SO, if you play a map and decide to add a different vote, feel free.

Again, the link is here: https://goo.gl/forms/Yl46aQoV9UUWg9Up1

---------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post: Is there a command, or a place in the portal, where we could get a list of the maps on the server? I typed a bunch of stuff, like listmaps, or whatnot, and I couldn't find one.

There's a lot of good maps on the server we never play, and probably some broken, less enjoyable ones. Is there a way we could cull the list a bit, and see some of the better maps on the votes?

A suggestion would to be a place on the portal players could "upvote/downvote" custom maps in a list. The more "likes" for a map, the more likely to see it in the mapvotes. The more "unlikes" the less.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by rad4Christ; 03-03-2017, 09:27 AM.

Mobile. More later.

http://rr.tacticalgamer.com/MapCycle
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Not sure if this is how you guys would like to do it for now, but here we go:

Upvotes:

ns2_ayumi
      ns2_hydra
      ns2_gorge
      ns2_jambi
      ns2_Stratos
      ns2_mineral
      ns2_gorgon
      ns2_temple
      ns2_nexus
      ns2_trash

Downvotes:

ns2_dark
      ns2_derelict
      ns2_new_mineshaft
      ns1_mineshaft
      ns2_mineshaft2
      ns2_nothing
      ns2_mesh
      ns2_veil_five
      ns2_readyrooms
      ns2_hera

Comment

Please see my initial post!
        Last edited by rad4Christ; 03-03-2017, 09:18 AM. Reason: Added Google Form

Comment

A link to that MapCycle page remains at the bottom of the Server Info page, btw: http://rr.tacticalgamer.com/ServerInfo

Thank you for the survey, rad. I'd ask everyone to participate, and I can make necessary changes based on its strongest signals. That feedback is very much in the spirit of an authoritative, autonomous MapCycle Min/Max crowdsourcing I hope to bring to the TGNS Portal in the foreseeable future.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Done.

Thanks. You guys are great.

Comment

Happy to see nexus is one of the most popular there

Comment

I've removed from mapvote rotations the following maps which were broadly disliked in the feedback. They can still be nominated, but otherwise will not appear in mapvotes.

ns2_dark
                nsl_mineshaft
                ns2_mineshaft2
                ns2_new_mineshaft
                ns2_readyrooms
                ns2_temple
                ns2_veil_five

If you see these maps in mapvotes without their being nominated, please report the defect in a CAA thread.

rad4Christ Thank you. This report was helpful, and I wouldn't mind receiving organized map rotation feedback like this regularly (timed per your discretion).

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                  I've removed from mapvote rotations the following maps which were broadly disliked in the feedback. They can still be nominated, but otherwise will not appear in mapvotes.

ns2_dark
                  nsl_mineshaft
                  ns2_mineshaft2
                  ns2_new_mineshaft
                  ns2_readyrooms
                  ns2_temple
                  ns2_veil_five

If you see these maps in mapvotes without their being nominated, please report the defect in a CAA thread..
                  It's a bit surprising that ns2_KodiakFIVE isn't included above, given the fact that so far it has been disliked by 63% of voters.

Untitled.png

Comment

I gave ns2_KodiakFIVE the same treatment and forgot to include it in my list. Apologies.

Comment

It would be nice if we updated the survey to include the new abomination that's called ns2_origin.

Comment

I'll work on it this weekend.

Comment

played ns2_trash tonight. In drainage hive room the power does not work. Ie, power is on, node is built, but node stays unpowered. Can we remove this map?

Comment

Here's the edit link, so people can change the actual form for voting: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WWt...it?usp=sharing

Comment

I've removed ns2_trash from the server.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X