Natural Selection 1 Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Selection 1 Server

Well, we talked about it in server, and it's done. rad4NS server is up. It's Natural Selection 3.2 vanilla.

You'll need to install Half-Life, then this: http://www.unknownworlds.com/files/n...nstall_v32.exe

I just installed NS3.2 into a folder on my desktop, then run Half-Life, exit Steam, put the NS folder in the root folder for Hal-Life.

Maybe we can plan a time to play?

rcon password is 12345.
    Last edited by rad4Christ; 04-09-2017, 01:21 AM.

That's the same rcon password I have on my luggage!
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I pride myself on absolute security. Or, it's just an easy way for someone else to change maps or enable all talk.

If enough people have it reinstalled, I'll try to idle it Monday night. I know Donat, Twig, and I have it, and Twig's never played it. Would love to get at least a 6v6 going.

Comment

For those having trouble with the install process:
        https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=174908119

=)

Comment

Ohmergawd the music on the main screen

such nostalgia

Comment

Installing, will see about logging in this evening.

Comment

Installation was fairly straightforward.

Step 1) Install Half-Life in Steam
              Step 2) Download NS from rad's link and "install" to any folder of your choosing. Ignore the message about the installer not finding Steam.
              Step 3) Copy or move the "ns" directory to the Half-Life root directory, e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life" ... or install it there in the first place.
              Step 4) Exit steam and start it again. "Natural Selection" should be in your games list.

Comment

I have installed it. I look forward to messing around with you dudes.

Comment

I'm currently in an ER finding out just how badly I destroyed my shoulder.

The server is up, rad4ns. Let me know of any performance or other issues. I will do all I can to at least spec a round or two, depending on if I get home in time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

What happened? Hope you're OK dude
                    HaX^

Comment

I'm so not used to the mechanics, and either my eyesight is going, or my gamma didn't reach high enough levels, I was struggling to find the marines in the dark. But here are some pictures: http://imgur.com/a/mK3fX
                      HaX^

Comment

Good games, though the controls are a lot more frustrating than I remember!!

Comment

I really enjoyed myself, hopefully we can some 6v6 games going

Comment

Sorry I missed it! HaX, I decided to jump a ditch with an ATV. The ATV did not wish to jump.

Were there any performance issues?

Comment

Smiley was having some kind of problem, though it could have just been his PC or his own network. It ran fine for me except the voice comms seem to be a tad glitchy.

What kind of CPU and internet connection are you running this server on?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X