No announcement yet.

caution when giving voicecomm instruction immediately upon exiting chair/hive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caution when giving voicecomm instruction immediately upon exiting chair/hive

I was already familiar with a known phenomenon in NS2 wherein, when existing a chair or a hive, any attempt to attack within milliseconds of having exited the structure would be ignored -- your attack does not occur in either your client or the server if issued during this briefest window of time as you're existing the structure.

What I learned in the experience below is that the same applies to voicecomm. If you issue a voicecomm "command" during the milliseconds following your exit of the command structure, you never actually begin broadcasting, and you can measure that visually on the right side of your HUD (however feasible that might be given whatever's going on).

http://rr.tacticalgamer.com/Replay/W...RhNeY&t=24m15s

24:15 : link begins; hard-fought game so far, with me having to repeat myself a lot as Comm to get what I want; I'm speaking, out of chair

24:22 : I re-enter chair

24:26 : I exit chair -- twice telling Marines to do something - as you hear my voice, notice the absence of my voicecomm playername on the right side of the HUD

24:34 : I show extreme frustration after it becomes apparent that my /repeated/ instruction has been ignored

24:55 : multiple Marines assert they never heard the instruction

25:01 : confused, we blame the game for the unexplained voicecomm failure and move on

Does anyone know what causes both of these failures (attack/voicecomm). Is it because everything is unbound for a few milliseconds while it switches between Comm binds and Ground binds?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

I think it is the mouse that gets inactive as it switches between cursor and reticle. It didn't do that for me when i had it bound to backspace. Note I also have mouse4 bound to backspace in my mouse driver software (steelseries)

Comment

That theory seems reinforced by the fact that I use a mouse button for voice (the same in the sky as on the ground). Thanks for sharing that detail.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X