[Request] Highlight Deployed Mines for Marines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Request] Highlight Deployed Mines for Marines

I'm not sure whether or not this is possible, but I think it's a good idea to make deployed mines highlighted for marines and visible through walls. Hopefully this will help eliminate two issues. It'll eliminate the need for marines to spend time checking whether the mine(s) they deployed is still there or not. Sometimes this issue causes unnecessary delay in vital areas were marines are forced to crouch or make acrobatic feats, mainly in vents, when the time spent doing this could actually be spent doing something more useful for the team. The second issue is when mines are wasted when deployed in spots where there's a mine already deployed by another marine, an issue often caused by a mine being "camouflaged" by the environment or obscured by structures.

What do you think?

I could be OK with this as a player. The cite the right plight.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Additionally, it will help with defense. A marine guarding a vent that has a mine deployed inside it which he can't see is wasting his attention that should be diverted somewhere actually more important and vulnerable.

Comment

This sounds like an amazing addition. Whether it be only your own mines highlighted or all mines highlighted, I like it.
        I like cheese

Comment

I wouldn't complain if this was a thing we had. Marines can already see dropped guns and whatnot highlighted through walls. Why not mines?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X