Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

experiment: faster Marine res (based on loss rate)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• experiment: faster Marine res (based on loss rate)

We're going to experiment with the following (deployed) change: Marines get team and personal res 15% faster than the Aliens.

In the context of Marines losing %15 more games than they should (so far, Marine win rate is ~35% in build 315), the purpose of the experiment is to give the Marines a bit more strength throughout the game. We'll see how it plays out.

This experiment will evolve based on feedback or be removed.

*IF* it improves gameplay, it'll be a bandaid at best, until UWE can improve the balance properly.

This thread is for feedback/discussion.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Interesting. I wonder if, in terms of personal res, this is more or less signficant than the free welders. I'm thinking free welders actually yield more than a 15% pres boost for most players already :)

Comment

So I think we might need to revisit this in light of 316's balance changes. While it's tough to pin any *particular* one of yesterday's games on this balance change, it felt like the balance was very much in favour of marines during Captains last night. Aliens won a couple of matches, either by zerging the chair at the game start (Good teamwork lads!), or by having what was probably always going to be the stronger team, from player selection. We will obviously need to gather more data, but my gut feeling is that this change may need to be rolled back.

Comment

I've removed this experiment from the game server so that we can experience 316 without its influence. Its influence on 316 was that Marines' win rate rose as game duration grew (that's not why it's being removed, and we might experiment with this more in the future).
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X