Saturday Night Fever - Infested After Midnight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Night Fever - Infested After Midnight

For maps beginning near or after midnight (Central time) on Saturday nights (that is: pre-dawn Sunday), TGNS will publically host Infested without any password.

Some folks really enjoy Infested with the right playful attitudes, and I think we're in a good position to have that atmosphere late on Saturday nights, so we're going to set aside some time for Infested fun.

The weekly "event" is not at all moderated and is entirely open to the public. Automation will ensure that the game server offers Infested maps exclusively. Any NS2 map in progress at the event's start will first finish without interruption.

Reminder: Infested notifications
    Last edited by Wyzcrak; 08-04-2017, 12:33 PM. Reason: added timezone
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Neat!

Comment

W00t W00t!

Comment

Damn, guys. 3 or 4 hours of Infested games for our first week. That's awesome. Tons of fun. Thanks to everyone for showing up!

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Really enjoyed this last week, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow night. I did add a post-game display of who killed the most cysts, so that should be interesting.

Comment

Another very fun night! Glad this became a thing.

Comment

Yeah, this has been super fun. Great meeting the new faces, too.

Comment

I'm not trying to be a killjoy or anything, but may I suggest allowing us to mute some players on infest? Last night there were too many people on the server and voice comm was so overwhelming I couldn't hear what was going on and what people were saying a lot of the time. On top of that, some people were disrupting the voice comm by rambling about something as irrelevant as geopolitics. Listening to Americans talking about politics is like listening to color-blind people talking about colors, no offence. I prefer this not to be part of my experience of playing on this otherwise excellent server.

Comment

We were 25+ concurrent players, all on the same voicecomm channel. That was novel, but it was too much. I won't raise it quite that high again.

Politics and religion shouldn't be discussed at the cost of any player's annoyance. Tell folks what you need and give them a chance to demonstrate that your comfort is more important to them than their topic.

Beyond basic conflict management, I'll definitely consider the mute request if more folks submit it.

Comment

Would it be possible while dead to have the living voicecomms muted (as an option alike to spectator voicecomms)? This would and should only be for infested.
                    I like cheese

Comment

Yes. I'll work on applying the "M > Spec Voicecomms" options to dead Infested Marines, as they're effectively spectators.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                        Yes. I'll work on applying the "M > Spec Voicecomms" options to dead Infested Marines, as they're effectively spectators.
                        This is done. Feedback welcome. Please report defects.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X