Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

recent whip change and counterbalance for marines?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recent whip change and counterbalance for marines?

It may not be 100% necessary to change anything about the game, but some recent frustration over being on marine side and feeling the whip power is definitely palatable.

May I suggest:

1) stronger turrets with greater number of turrets per battery and stronger (perhaps self healing) batteries?

2) arcs that have no minimum radius to arc, slightly faster arc speed (not inhibited as much by cysts, because cysts are 1 res to build and slow the arcs a LOT), and more durable arcs (need more bile to kill)

Suggestions welcome!

Simple counterbalance would be, in my opinion, the best course for whips.

1. Making whips do slightly less damage.

2. Make whips have less health and armor.

3. Increasing cost slightly (like 1).

4. I would be in favor of a wider view angle for turrets and or slightly less cost.

We just got to find that sweet spot. I like that more people are using them. They have plenty of weaknesses. Such as Arcs, Gls, Grenades, Marines shooting from outside their range, and most importantly infestation.

Comment

Just got off an extremely stressful game with whips. They definitely need to do less damage.
      HaX^

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but whips cost points (what do we call these points? its like the drifter points, or mac/turrets for marines..) Perhaps they should be more expensive in that regard. That would limit the amount of whips that could be built total. What do they cost currently?

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
          I've left in TGNS mod the double supply cost of whips (stock: 5; modded: 10). Whip resource costs remain stock (13).
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X