No announcement yet.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just came back to find out that this was happening. I am deeply saddened, but understand. I wanted to thank you Wyz for all all the years, all the time that has been poured into both the NS and NS2 servers, all the hours poured in to code, organizing events, and moderating the servers and forum, day in and day out.

While I have only been here for a fraction of the time you were here, I grew to appreciate the customization of the server, communicating with you and others on another level during gameplay, the horrible puns/jokes we shared, Lord of the Rings readings, discussions of pizza wine, the "daily anecdotes of Wyzcrak that are somehow extremely relevant to the current discussion and also hilarious", and all of the random fact/TGNS server seeding that I enjoyed reading over the past few months.

For that, and everything I did not list, I thank you. Friday nights will never be the same. Thank you for 4+ years of fun, games, and camaraderie.
    HaX^

Comment

A big thank you to Wyz and this community. It's been a huge part in my gaming time and life, and I've made great friends through it. I hope to continue to see you guys in NS2 and other games!

Comment

Cheers. :)
        remi.D

Comment

I think I will add [TGNS] or [TG] as my clan tag when playing NS2. If others do the same, we can recognize each other easier.

Comment

If you're going to identify out and about with TG, please behave exemplarily. If you respect the amount of effort I put into building, protecting, and cultivating TGNS, I promise you it pales in comparison to all of the effort so many have put into TG for the last 20+ years. I can tell you from personal experience that it's fairly disheartening to watch well-intentioned folks who haven't worked nearly as hard discredit your work by acting the fool while simultaneously presenting themselves, however accidentally, as ambassadors of it.

It's easy to put TG in your name, but it should feel like real and wonderful effort to include it in your identity.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Ah OK, we can not use the TG brand if that's frowned upon. Just tossing out ideas.

Comment

Wyz didn't say we couldn't, just that if we do to make sure we conduct ourselves (both inside and outside of NS2) in a way that reflects positively on TG.

Comment

Someday, you'll look at these photo and wish that the TGNS server was still running.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by smiley View Post
                    Someday, you'll look at these photo and wish that the TGNS server was still running.
                    The second picture looks absolutely awesome with Wyzcrak's position. I want it on a T-shirt
                    I like cheese

Comment

Damn, I'm kind of sad I missed captains night now :(
                      HaX^

Comment

Farewell to a dedicated and firm-but-fair server leader. I will miss the intense games cultivated on TGNS.

I can only hope someone hops in the comm chair and continues the legacy.

Comment

I still remember when Wyzcrak was a n00b here at TG.

"Who the heck is this guy that actually uses voicecomm, seems intelligent, and is actually polite?!", I asked myself. It was not long before Wyzcrak became a permanent fixture in the world of Natural Selection at Tactical Gamer.

Way too much history to talk about, but without Wyzcrak, there would never have been a Natural Selection community here for as long as there was. So many good times and great memories. Sad to see this time come, but the gaming world (and world in general) has changed so much in 15 years.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Tempus was among the first to explicitly support me when the same peers who would eventually champion my relatively high bar initially pushed back against it, and he was always the collaborative model for maintaining respectfulness and civility without compromising any of one's arguments, especially when we together were part of the admin team that was sloppily debating sundry concerns behind the scenes. He's one of the folks I'm talking about when I cite the trunk and root system of TGNS. Too much history, indeed.

Thanks for everything, Tempus.
                            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Thanks for everything Wyz, you put a baffling amount of work into this thing. It's pretty remarkable that TGNS managed to retain such an active community for so many years, not once but twice. NS2 is a great game but I wouldn't have played it 6 months if not for this server.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X