Captian's night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captian's night

I was involved in my first NS "pug" last night with the captians match. It was loads of fun! I used to play captian's matches a lot in TFC and it was by far the most fun I've had playing that game.

Is there a specific night or time when captian's matches happen? If not, I think it would be cool to make a "captians night" like every sunday or thursday or something. In my experience with TFC, people are willing to make time for matches when they know exactly when its gonna happen.

Re: Captian's night

Captains games usually happen every night if there is enough players that want to do it. Im with u on a certain night that would be cool. Like say every sunday night at eight or saturday night u know.

Comment

While I understand the desire for something like that to be a regular occurance, captains games are very much a function of who is on the server at any given time, and the desires of those people at the time.

As it stands, a server full of regulars will usually pull out one or two on any given night the server poulation reaches > 14 or so, which isn't bad, I don't think.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

We would have a higher concentration of regulars if we scheduled a night though. Like every thursday night we password the server and run captains games for an hour or two or something. That way people can actually set aside time to come play rather than just sort of happening to be on the server at the same time.

Comment

A calendar would seem to me to be a better idea. Something quick and easy to use. Any night you think you'll be on click. Then just glance at it and it will show how many are likely to be on it.

Come to think of it, you could do that for all the TG games, then integrate it into each of the forums so that it's plainly visible.

Just an idea...
          "Chance favors the prepared mind" -Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Yeah I think a specific night would just get more regulars playing. In TFC, all sunday would be a captians games and the server would literally be full ALL day. Great great fun.

I've been playing at TG for about a month now, mostly between like 6-10 pacific time and have only seen 1 captians match. Am I playing at the wrong time?

Comment

You can always request a captains game if the population is willing. If I remember, there is a command wyz put together for having a captains game without an admin present. /me goes to look for that command.
              USAR

Comment

Originally posted by squeak
                You can always request a captains game if the population is willing. If I remember, there is a command wyz put together for having a captains game without an admin present. /me goes to look for that command.
                Captains Games on tacticalwiki.com
                Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

I don't see captains games very often anymore either. It's not as common that we have a pure enough set of regulars to make it worthwhile. That's why scheduling it would be a good idea.

Comment

Captains nights are the best... but yea you need a lot of regs for it.
                    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

My love for captians games is 50/50. Sometimes I love em and sometimes I just don't want to deal with the pressure. And on this server, the pressure can be high. I've left games that were too serious. And Ive left games that werent serious enough.
                      I like the idea of a scheduled captains night because then if I'm looking for that kind of competition, I know where to be and when. As well, having a night for it doesnt meen that it wouldnt happen on any other night, just that there is a time to expect it.
                      Also, The TG Calender plug seems like if it was implimented properly and someone was willing to actually code something of that nature, the system may be sellable to other gaming websites with player bases and communities parallel with our own. Hey... make TG some extra coin. I say it in that fashion cause Wyz comes to mind as the guy who would likely make it and we know where he stands. It would have to be a fairly complex entity at that point though for it to serve that purpose.
                      _________
                      &lt;OP8-322>
                      %#^^^#%

Comment

It wouldn't have to be a very complex entity, use the birthday calender as a basis. You select the day and it would say: "# players plan to be on tonight, here (going to a link that lists who has thinks they will be on that night) for who." The only parts that would take any real work would be getting it so each individual forum only shows that game, and creating a quick to use interface for saying when you will be on (something that you just click the day and it adds you for it). Neither of those should be very hard. If it were anywhere but TG you might have to work to get people to use it, but most of the people here would probably see the usefullness right away so that wouldn't be a problem.

If it did well you might subdivide the days into morning, day, evening, night. That might take a bit of work to do, so for now nights alone seem like the best thing.

And yeah, you could probably sell it easily, assuming the fact that it's a plug to the forum doesn't prevent that from being legal.
                        "Chance favors the prepared mind" -Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Im down for a captains night

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
                          [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
                          [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X