Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• commandmenu

Hi guys,

i have not played ns for about 1 and 1/2 years now. After reinstalling i tried to reactivate my backuped configfiles. Seems that no big changes were made apart from the command "+commandmenu". Console is telling me, that such a command doesn't exist in ns. Anyone knows what happend to this command?

Thanks!

Re: commandmenu

I'm not home, but I'd be happy to look at my config when I get home, if no one else helps out first.

Welcome to the forums. Be sure to read the TG Required Reading (announcement at the top of the forums index), including, of course, the NS rules and announcements.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Hey Wyzcrak,

thanks man, that would be great.
      Another thread on these forums documents, that the commandmenu is (or was) also used by other players. (I am not allowed to post links yet, so try a search on the ns-forum.)

Comment

Hrm. When I read your original message, I assumed you were talking about the popupmenu (command: "+popupmenu").

It occurs to me now that you're talking about the menu that lets you BUILD your own cascasing command menus? If so, I don't know of a way (and, indeed, I think it's not possible) to make that function in NS.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Hey,

> Wyzcrak:
          > It occurs to me now that you're talking
          > about the menu that lets you BUILD
          > your own cascasing command menus?

Yeah, that is what I was talking about. I already asked several players on the different ns-servers but no one seems to know about this great command.
          All I know is that it worked just fine about 2 years ago.
          And to be honest, this popupmenu drives me crazy ... I am feeling quite handicapped in ns-mode (especially aliens). :(

Comment

What are you hoping to accomplish with "commandmenu"? Perhaps we can figure out another way to meet whatever need you're working toward?

Comment

Yesterday I spent some time on writing a script, which allows me to use the same key combinations as before. So for example I can build an offence chamber by pressing the following keys: q -> 1 -> 2 -> 1.
              This works very fast and there is no need to move the hand away from the "wasd" keys. Now I also have a "repeat key", which by pressing it allows to repeat the last action.
              What i didn't manage was to write some information to the screen (hud).

Comment

You have to use developer 1 and the MOTD command. For example, if you wanted the q key to display "Build menu activated", put this in:

Code:
                bind q developer 1; motdfile echo.txt; motd_write Build Menu Activated; MOTD; developer 0; motdfile motd.txt;
                This changes the MOTD file to something other than the default motd.txt, writes "Build Menu Activated" to that file, displays it (in the top left corner of your screen), and changes it back to the default.

If you have cl_showfps set to 1 like I do, this will display the message over your fps reading. Put 5 underscores before Build Menu Activated to move the words over far enough to read them. Spaces don't work for some reason.

Comment

Damn, Yoshi. That's awesome.

I didn't know you could do that.

Comment

:row__577: Thanks!
                    Look at the cycling script in kharra.cfg in Post and explain config/userconfig here. I've been using this when I cycle through my bindings for each lifeform to show me which lifeform is selected.

Comment

Yeah, thats the stuff. Thank you Yoshi.
                      I have one final question: Is there a way to put more then one line of text to the screen? I tried \n but this results in printing only the text following the \n (everything before \n is not displayed, although i think it is displayed but instantly overwritten by the text following the line break).

Comment

According to the Half-Life 4.1.1.1 changelog I found on http://www.computergames.ro/download...cid-5/pagina-3 ,

* Added "motd_write " command to write the given text to the motd.txt file. The character string "\n" is translated into newlines.

It seems like you have the right idea. Try something weird like starting the first line you're trying to write with \n, or putting \n \n between the first and second lines. I'd test it out for you, but I don't have access to an NS-capable computer until the end of January.

Comment

Originally posted by angstRidden
                          All I know is that it worked just fine about 2 years ago.
                          It worked just fine two months ago, but after 3.1 it's not working anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus
                            It worked just fine two months ago, but after 3.1 it's not working anymore.
                            Interesting. I never knew it worked in NS at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                              Interesting. I never knew it worked in NS at all.
                              It was damn handy for changing configs etc.

I wonder what happend, why they removed it. Strange that it's not mentioned in the changelog.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X