Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HLTV Session, bunnyhopping lessons, SMs, etc

Just a few notes.

First, the HLTV Session went very well. I heard just about everyone, at one point or another, mention a "hey, I didn't know..." or "oh, look what they've done here." People learned, and that's what I wanted. This will continue next week, at which point I hope to have more people join us (we peaked at 10 tonight).

The bunnyhopping lessons that followed were helpful to those who needed to learn. If you learned, please take a moment (here or privately) to thank the guy(s) that instructed you. I'm going to script solutions for future lessons such that only MCs can be built, attacks can't happen, alltalk is on, and everything just "works," as tonight proved more difficult, at times, than it need be given my server/experience customization talents. Anyone who has recommendations toward that effort, be they technical or procedural, is encouraged to PM me.

Lots of SMs on the server tonight. I like to see half of the players, at any given time, with white or green next to their names, and that was the case many times tonight. Many thanks to those folks who make all of this possible. More TGNS regulars continue to ask about becoming an SM, and those who don't continue to feel welcomed, and that is exactly what I want for TGNS.

Recently, the server's been behaving sluggishly. Average pings, across the board, 30 to 50 ms above the norm. Hit registration that leaves something to be desired. Nothing major, but noticeable to regulars knowledgeable about the server's typical performance. I've scaled back some luxury plugins, so, if you notice something missing, that's why. PM me if you see something missing that, even understanding why it was removed, you think should be added back.

I had a hell of a lot of fun on the server/HLTV tonight, and that's too often the case when I play (and/or manage) NS here. Many thanks to all who contribute to that.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: HLTV Session, bunnyhopping lessons, SMs, etc

I wish I could have been there, I'll try to catch the next one.

Comment

Ya Phor you missed out. That match we watched was just unreal for me. The skill level & automatic team work was just unbelivable, awsome! While im here i want to thank Wyz & Aesoprock, Doug & others for helping a noob.
      Thx guys.

Comment

I'd actually planned to be there, and then completely forgot about it. =(

I'll have to make sure to attend the next one.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X