X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HLTV Session: Saturday, Jan 14 @ 8PM EST

WHEN: Saturday, Jan 14 @ 8PM EST
    WHO: all are invited
    WHERE: tgns.tacticalgamer.com:27075 (and join TeamSpeak, too)
    WHAT:

We'll be viewing an HLTV demo of both rounds of a competitive match between two teams. This is a recording of a past match. We will not be viewing the match in real time, but we will all be seeing the match unfold together, at the same time.

I'm not sure exactly how long it will take, but I'd guess about an hour. Connect to the TG TeamSpeak server, where we will discuss the match as we watch it. If your availability doesn't match exactly with the time consumed by the event, you of course may come and go as you please.

Don't concern yourself with which two competitive teams we'll be watching, or when the match took place. If you've already seen the match (and/or know the outcome), you're welcome to offer pointers to those on TS regarding what camera they might enjoy watching at a given moment, or perhaps offer prepared commentary about specific events you remember from the first time you saw the match (let's try to avoid spoilers, if we can -- but education takes precedence over entertainment, if need be).

Anyone with an HL1/NS installation is welcome to join. The purpose is fellowship and education, so come prepared to ask questions and talk about what you might have done differently, as well as generally enjoy yourself.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: HLTV Session: Saturday, Jan 14 @ 8PM EST

After we're finished viewing this week's match, on Saturday night, we'll be holding a session similar to this week's bunnyhopping lessons.

I'm not sure yet what the topic will be, but I'm sure it will be very educational for many, just as the bunnyhopping lessons were.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I've cancelled the after-session event so that we're available to watch the (DGL) Finals match, which is made possible (in part) by our own kormendi (TGNS admin; TGDys GO).

The HLTV Session remains scheduled. Please join us. Only that which follows the HLTV viewing has been cancelled.

If you have the means, please do support korm by watching this match and seeing if Dystopia is a game you could get interested in. The game continues to grow, both in maturity (as a title) and playerbase (as a TG-hosted one).
      Last edited by Wyzcrak; 01-13-2006, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Guys, I just finished previewing tonight's HLTV Session match. It's pretty badass.

In fact, it's so badass, I've decided to broadcast it with voices ENABLED, because... well... to watch the two teams battle with intel, planning, tactics, etc... all in real time, hearing both teams.. is just plain awesome in this match.

A few things I'd like everyone to be prepared to manage:

1. make sure you know how to adjust your HL volume. You'll want it set very low while you're watching the demo, as people will be talking in TS about what we're watching in HLTV, and hearing them (when the speak) will be more important than hearing the game or the voices in it.

2. Make sure your microphone sounds OK in TS when you're in HL.

Comment

Uh... is there a good way to change my HL volume without using the options menu? I don't like how it fiddles with my settings.

Comment

"volume" in console. My preferred method.

Issue it without parameters to see the current value (do this before changing it).

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
              We'll be viewing an HLTV demo of both rounds of a competitive match between two teams.
              Is this no longer the case?

Comment

If we are going to keep doing this, I would like to nominate that ns_veil game from a few days ago...

Comment

So is there going to be one tonight? I would vote for delaying it for another week or two, but thats only because I don't have the internet conenction in my dorm working, and it would make me grumpy to know people are having fun without me.

Comment

I'd like to do one this Saturday (01/28). I think I'm out of town, though, so I'll try to delegate its administration.

Moving forward, this will be a mix of competitive games (CAL, etc) and home-brewed "classics" that we decide warrant a group viewing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X