Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lummox is here

Greetings

I don't know how many of you know me from NSA. For those of you who don't, I'm an admin and forum mod for NSArmslab, another NS community. My friend who goes under the alias pojo (one of your contribs) has talked up tactical gamer so I wanted to give it a looksee.

So, hey everyone :D

Re: Lummox is here

Why hello there
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

NSA? I hear things :p
      USAR

Comment

Lummux, I'm glad you decided to check this place out, and I'm glad pojo recommended it.

Be sure to read the TG required reading (at the top of the forums index), including the NS rules and announcements. If you have any questions, PM (in the forums) any TGNS admin.

Enjoy your time here! Welcome! :)
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Quick! everyone go post useless comments in the NSA banned forms.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyEye
            Hey, Im still a moderator, and I will bring the smash down upon thee. <3 NSA, different atmosphere and community.
            USAR

Comment

Welcome to the forums. Look forward to seeing u on the server.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyEye
                the words of someone i've probably edited/warned :P i'm the ban forum mod there. basically, i try to watch the ban forum like a hawk, because all it takes is one 'not hacking' comment in a ban appeal/request thread to have 2 pages of people screaming whether someone is hacking or not. flame war central. i know there's a LOT of people who don't like me because i'm kind of a jerk when it comes to it, but whatever, guess i'm just cantankerous about my job :D

i'll be sure to check out the rules wyzcrack. pojo is moving soon and hopefully he'll have some more time to play.

Comment

As someone who has a reputation near and far for being toward my duties what some people would describe less-eloquently than "cantankerous," I hear what you're saying.

Regarding hacking/not hacking, we have a strict policy here, and it is enforced, and regularly: you may not speak of it publicly, in any way, tone, or inference, at all. I remove from the environment (server, or forums if necessary) anyone who can't keep his mouth shut.

Yes, be concerned. Yes, dude may REALLY be hacking. Yes, contact an admin. Yes, expect results. But do it silently (not quietly).

Here's the details:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...t-do-i-do.html

It works VERY nicely at keeping this place from becoming Drama HQ.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

i see we're on the same page :P

it does just end up creating flame wars and e-angst between players and sometimes ends up carrying over to the servers. it's just aggrivating. we have urd to review all hacking claims, and that's the end-all answer to it, you know? it's not constructive criticism, it's effectively a firestarter.

do you guys even keep a ban forum with evidence and such or do you handle everything privately?

Comment

We manage everything privately, and quietly. Players often ask me for details regarding another's ban. I do not satisfy them. I'll sometimes give a mere reason ("disrespect/langauge/whatever"), but, beyond that (if I even give them that much), my response is standard: that's between the admins and the banned player.

We're human and imperfect, but, as a rule, we manage ban reasons/discussions in our private forum. Per our published rules, anyone who is banned is welcome to PM (forums, not IRC) any TGNS admin to discuss (and, hopefully, resolve and lift) his ban.

We've recently started a policy by which players are more quickly, and more BRIEFLY, banned from the servers. So often, really good folks who, for whatever reason, and despite being regulars on the server, decide to go outside the boundaries of our rules, just need a quick one-on-one conversation in order to become one of those great regulars whose company everyone enjoys all the time.

So, while warnings and kicks still happen (especially, though not exclusively, for players new to our server), bans are swift now. Players who care enough about the server and its players to PM a TGNS admin are typically re-instated. Those who do not aren't typically missed. The server remains full every night, and I gather that most people who have been on the wrong end of the banstick realize that we're not out to ruin anyone's day.. we're working to maintain on the server the gameplay and experience that so many of us flock to every night. First comes our preservation of that. Second (most of the time) comes our effort to return you to it.

The policy is working nicely.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X