Knife gaming pack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knife gaming pack

Hey guys i downloaded the knife gaming pack. The crosshair deal is awsome. Also it brightens up everything & the hud is small,like the whole deal except that my name changes to knifefan. Went to my config file & changed it back to bullet but when i start n/s it goes back to knifefan. Any help here would be apriciated, Thx.

Re: Knife gaming pack

make sure in your config.cfg i believe is the one they changed that its not set to have knifefan set first. IIRC the pack turns off a lot of things "that you don't need, trust us".

Have you tried changing it in the options menu, or by type

name bullet

in console?
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

If nothing else works, I would examine the contents of the pack and try to find the source of the name changing. That is if you got a collection of zip files instead of an executable.

You could always, after removing the pack, make an extra copy of ns, install the pack there and then move over the models and crosshairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Pirate
        If nothing else works, I would examine the contents of the pack and try to find the source of the name changing. That is if you got a collection of zip files instead of an executable.

You could always, after removing the pack, make an extra copy of ns, install the pack there and then move over the models and crosshairs.
        Or just do what I did, select the things you want and extra it to c:\temp\knifepack (or whereever), then install only the ones you like.

I only used the small crosshairs one for the knife, pistol, lmg, and hmg... rest are default.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Ok thanks for all the responses back. Im new at this user config but im diggin it, Im just trying to find something tghat works for me. Paranoid great job on the links, thats cool especially the cross hairs by neb. Ok I went to my config & found the knifefan deleted that & typed bullet did'nt work. Also typed bullet in console did,nt work, also tried options menu did'nt work. So i deleted yhe knifefan pac. I dont want to mess with it.May be one of u guys can help me on this. What i like about the pak is the maps are so much brighter & all the hud messages are real small. I cant seem to find a config for the pac to see what is in it to see what they changed. I know n its got to be something like cl_brigtness 1 or something u know. Can anybody help me on that one. I found one pac in the tactical wiki client customization for smaller hud & stuff but no commands on the making every thing brighter like in the knife pac. Alright see u guys on the server. Thx.

Comment

well for one you can adjust gamma... there is also a cl_light-something-er-other, which by default is 2 I think, but can be lowered to 1 to make things brighter. "cl_lightgamma 1" or you might try "lightgamma 1" I think one of those would be the command, but as your putting it in the console it should give you suggestions.

I personally never mind the dark/light as an alien. I have the hive flashlight thing on most of the time, and I turn it off when I'm in really bright areas, if you put that on with the hive flashlight it will blind you. As for marines, I don't usually find myself sitting in or looking into really dark areas, but when I do they are usually small enough for flashlights, like vents and stuff. The only place I can think of that I might want that is on ns_hera with the maintenence corridor if it hasn't been welded up. (thats why I ususally weld it first chance I get)

Some people consider it bad form to mess with gamma stuff too much and there was a bug, which I believe has been fixed, that allowed people with high end video drivers to change the gamma in such a way as to see cloaked aliens. Some places were just made to be dark.

Comment

Ok i found it in the userconfig.cfg & turned off the name knife fan, i also found the gaming pac config. thx.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X