blocking fire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blocking fire

whoo hoo my first post. Ok anyway backto subject. I was commander earlier to day and my heavies were taking a hive. I have the other 2 hives locked down and i didnt want to loose the. A few moments later i hear ocs firing at my pg in a hive. i had tons of res and i drop armories infront of the pg to prevent the ocs from killing the pg, which brings me to my question. Can u block fire with structures? You can use it in situations like that or when u have 5 gorges spitting at your team. I always block marine fire when im a gorge by droping an oc. Is this allowed? Or not?

Re: blocking fire

I guess when the rules say that blocking with structures isn't allowed it's a bit ambiguious. I'm fairly certain that it only applies to dropping structures in the doorways to keep aliens from fleeing, but I really don't know if that would be allowed or not.

Comment

Re: blocking fire

We may (that is, "we're allowed to") block OC or turret fire with an unbuilt structure. This decision is made easier than it otherwise might be now that projectile structures now target units over other structures.

Just make sure you don't drop that structure (to block fire) as a fade or onos (or any other alien unit) is trying to run through the area (that's "trapping"). :)
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X