Natural Selection 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Selection 2

Some of u already know this but i thought id post anyway. Recently Charlie Clevland aka Flayra said n/s 2 is a go. He said he did'nt know yet what engine it will be based on, options were Hl2, Doom, or Quake. He also said it will be a retail product aprox 50 bucks & will take years to make.
    He also said this is now his primary focus since he has secured the funding. I know he was working on something else for awile & also looking for sponsers to pay for the development.

Re: Natural Selection 2

He also said this is now his primary focus since he has secured the funding.
    Where the hell did you hear this?
    USAR

Comment

Im tring to find were i saw this it was last night late. When i find it Ill reply back here with a link. But he did say he secured the money which was in the millions. I got to get to work but when i get home ill search for it again.
      It might have been fileplanet or nsworldcup cant remember.

Comment

pexsus gaming network- pexsus.com-then on the left it says n/s future oh crap im late for work later.

Comment

I just noticed it was an early 05 post my bad aparently the money has not been secured.

Comment

He is trying to produce Natural Selection: 2 (the sequel to NS) with his company, Unknown Worlds Entertainment. If it does come out it will be like a normal retail game and $50. IMO his chances of getting invested in at this point are slim to nil and I doubt it will ever materialize.

Natural Selection: Source is the port of NS to the Source Engine and is supposedly under work... we don't know a ton of details because the NS site has been down for so long, but the devs apparantly have had access to the forums for a while now and a new team is working on it (a whole new art team, at the least). He said he'll release their plans for NS:S after the site comes back up. To my understanding, he still needs some money to make it to source and is having a hard time getting it (might have some people paid for it, some of the sound assets are probably purchased, web space\server hosting, if professional model artists he might be paying them as well).

I really don't know if the port will ever come out or not, but if it does it will be a long time from now (at least 2 years or more, seeing as how it took the original that long, and they have to recreate loads of content from scratch pretty much).
            Last edited by aeroripper; 01-15-2006, 10:43 PM.
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

If they say years... it will take decades.....

Comment

Originally posted by T_BEAR
                If they say years... it will take decades.....
                I don't know what their problem is. My roommate is a playtester, and they don't even have the forums up for them to comment or even plan playtests.

I wish they'd put the NS forums back up so that the community didn't completely die.

Comment

Originally posted by pojo
                  My roommate is a playtester, and they don't even have the forums up for them
                  Ill let Zek or Squeak debunk that fallacy.
                  Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
                    Ill let Zek or Squeak debunk that fallacy.
                    Consider it debunked. The Forums are up and have been used by PTs/Devs/Staff for two months. We've already done... "things", including finding bugs in the new forums.
                    USAR

Comment

Seconded. They've been up a while.

Comment

From what ive read very few people have access beyond the front page.

Comment

Originally posted by squeak
                          Consider it debunked. The Forums are up and have been used by PTs/Devs/Staff for two months. We've already done... "things", including finding bugs in the new forums.
                          Someone needs to tell Ahnteis then :) Maybe he was just commenting on the public access to the forums and I misunderstood him.

Comment

All PTs have had access to the test site for a while now, they should have received an e-mail.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X