why cant i join?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why cant i join?

Trying to get in the server and i keep getting sent to hltv. Have 5 bazillion points...thought i was supposed to get a "semi-reserved" spot over the ?'s. Is that not the case?

Re: why cant i join?

There's a number at the very tail end of the hostname. It changes every 15 seconds and reflects the count of unregistered players which are vulnerable to being removed by a non-SM with at least 5000 points. If it is 0, you must be an SM to join the full server. Otherwise, force the connection and you're in good shape.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I have seen the number at 1 and have not been able to join the server, I don't know if this was caused by it not updating the info when I was joining or if its caused by a bug.

LazyEye

Comment

did you type

connect 67.19.90.170:27015

in console when you tried?

To get that address in game, just view the server info, copy the ip address listed there, and paste it in the console... that's what I do when I hafta join a full server.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

The server's DNS hostname is easier to remember than its IP address:

tgns.tacticalgamer.com

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
            The server's DNS hostname is easier to remember than its IP address:

tgns.tacticalgamer.com
            handy, thanks
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
              There's a number at the very tail end of the hostname. It changes every 15 seconds and reflects the count of unregistered players which are vulnerable to being removed by a non-SM with at least 5000 points. If it is 0, you must be an SM to join the full server. Otherwise, force the connection and you're in good shape.
              This doesn't always work. It seems to me that the number represents the number of unused quasi-reserve slots, and not the number of unregistereds eligible to be kicked. Whatever the case, many times I've seen the number at 1 but still been redirected to HLTV(I don't think there were any unregistered players) on forcing a join. Yes, the number is still at 1 if I check it afterwards

Comment

This is the feedback I need. I'll consider it next time I'm in the code.

Comment

Today, the number was at 0 when I went to join. It sent me to HLTV and when I looked at the player list there were question marks playing.
                  --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Originally posted by Keres
                    Today, the number was at 0 when I went to join. It sent me to HLTV and when I looked at the player list there were question marks playing.
                    This is intended design.

The number at the end of the hostname reflects the count* of unregistered players who, at that moment (updated every 15 seconds), are vulnerable to be bumped from the full server by non-SMs w/ 5000 points.

At any moment, there may be more unregistered players than the count, but only those reflected in the count may be bumped using points.

* there's been a report lately of a bug, but I'm telling you how the plugin is designed to work

Comment

speaking of points and my situation with this....

I changed accounts so my old account had over 12k points (i think) so could u add them to my new one?

do you serve a purpose or do you purposely serve

Comment

I can do this for you, War, but we've got to be on the server at the same time. Just nag me sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Zek
                          This doesn't always work.
                          I've made some significant changes to the code tonight. This code was REALLY bad, and I'm amazed it ever worked at all. I've made changes. Time will tell if they're improvements.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X