• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS 3.0 beta going public

Just read this from the newly-formed Constellation mailing list:

Originally posted by Flayra
    Now is the time when we to let the public play. They have been patiently
    waiting many months for this, and they are long-time NS players, and deserve
    to play. For this reason, and because we still have more balance and bug
    work to do, we are going to be opening up 3.0 testing to the public sometime
    very shortly.
    I don't know more than that, but I thought I'd pass that along.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

are you supposed to be telling us this?

Comment

does it matter? ohh i cant WAIT to come back to ns!! :D

Comment

Dammit, you beat me to the thread :x

Assuming this also means public server files, will TG be converting?

Comment

Only files are private when it comes to the CM program.

This from Flayra in IRC just now... hardly official, but certainly interesting.

Originally posted by Flayra|IRC
          <Flayra> Not sure on the release date yet, but quite possibly tomorrow
          It only makes sense. I was out of town for 2.01's release, and I'm out of town tomorrow and Sunday. :?

Fortunately, I can update the server while I'm traveling. :)

Wyzcrak

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Omg, do I really need a reason not to do an assignment due monday?

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Of course you do Polska. Everyone does. BTW Polska is it just me or are you always away when you are on AIM.
              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
              TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
              "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

<runs around in circles>
                w000t

:idea: It would be a good idea to make sure you have steam working now so you don't have to waste valuable 3.0 time doing it.
                Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Good point Wintermute.

Wyzcrak

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                    Of course you do Polska. Everyone does. BTW Polska is it just me or are you always away when you are on AIM.
                    Yes RGM, trillian has it on auto away all the time (I think it goes auto away after x minutes, not sure), unless I turn it off manually (i'm too lazy). Provided my sister doesn't crash teh computer or close the chat window I usually get back to the person when I get back. If I am there at the time I will usually answer (unless i'm in an angry state :P).

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Ugh. In my opinion, this is not a good idea. While the majority of the major bugs have been worked out, there are still some pretty large balance issues with the game. With the current base of testers (CM's, Vets and PT's/Devs) many of these issues have been easily identified, but not yet properly addressed.

Releasing the beta now is going to make the general public happy that they can play the game, but I'm dreading the veritable FLOOD of flames that is going to happen on NS.org.

I think the release is close, but not close enough.
                      I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley
                        Ugh. In my opinion, this is not a good idea. While the majority of the major bugs have been worked out, there are still some pretty large balance issues with the game. With the current base of testers (CM's, Vets and PT's/Devs) many of these issues have been easily identified, but not yet properly addressed.

Releasing the beta now is going to make the general public happy that they can play the game, but I'm dreading the veritable FLOOD of flames that is going to happen on NS.org.

I think the release is close, but not close enough.
                        Shut! You're upset because you won't be able to feel special about being a tester anymore =P.

Lmao.

Comment

Official word is that the beta is being released tonight.

I too am a little concerned about Flayra's pace with the beta. He is trying to rush the release, the devs have admitted to as much and 3.0 has been in feature lock for some time now. The game still has a number of serious issues, the patches aren't coming very fast and Flayra is aiming for release. He even suggested on the front page that they're still hoping for a January release.

And with the public beta, we're going back to square one with balancing(Combat obsession and all). I'm a little worried about the state that 3.0 is going to be in when Flayra shoves it out the door. I can only hope that he gives this beta step the time it needs to actually produce results before even considering release.

Comment

i hope they release nothing will speed them up on patches as much as the general public...

not playtesters.... you be suprised how fast you would work if you had a couple thousand people bitc*ing and winning about game play problems. and saying how much the game sucks...

remember 1.01..

they game out with a new patch every other week because the general public kept on complaining about the same problems...

trust me the game testers cant figure out all the flaws because they cant think of every possible tactic or game play that could have a loop hole.

i say release and TG update to 3.0

Comment

Well billy, there are a lot of flaws that we testers already have found and nothing has been done about them yet. It's not like the game is perfect as far as we can tell and we just aren't sure if something's wrong. Also, the devs have said before that they don't want to have to patch 3.0 for a while after release, but Flayra's release frenzy is contradicting that.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X