Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo: Mon PM; ns_veil

http://tgns.tacticalgamer.com/hlds/d...commanding.dem

Great game. Aliens fought hard. Marines won.

I commanded this game, and it was so terribly satisfying. I just finished watching the demo. It never ceases to entertain, whether I'm on the losing or the winning side, to hear the combination of both teams' voicecomms, simultaneously, when one team assaults another's base.

Man... great, great game. Great communication on both teams, and several instance of coordinated attacks, often based on shared intel.

To view the game, download the above file and type the following in your console:
    viewdemo tgns_hud-0601232343-ns_veil.dem

It will start out with a stuttery performance, as it's playing the beginning of the demo while the rest of the demo is still being loaded from your disk. In a minute or two, it'll feel just like you're playing the game. Press your left and right strafe keys to change which player you're following, and use your jump bind (probably "space") to change from 1st to 3rd person cameras.

( to hear the voicecomms correctly: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/298805-post2.html )
    Last edited by Wyzcrak; 02-13-2006, 01:10 AM.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Demo: Mon PM; ns_veil

very nice game... nice comming

playdemo works better, it studders all the way through for me when doing viewdemo.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

page cant be found :(

Comment

Originally posted by Turbinator
        page cant be found :(
        Fixed. See first post.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

9am BLANG BLING : The Res Whore.

know i see why people are surpised when things happen after i call it though my terrible mic
          Rgr, the internets be a harse mistress

Comment

I'm trying to watch this demo, but it keeps telling me that it cant' play it...

I'm thinking I have it in the wrong directory.. any clues as to which one i have to put it in?
            Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

The "ns" directory.

What console command, exactly, are you using to view the demo?

Comment

i was copying and pasting the one from the top, in your post.
                I can honestly say i've never done this demo thing before, but i'll try it again now

**Edit, I got it working... (I just noticed I am in this demo.. wow, i don't remember things at ALL!)
                Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                  Fixed. See first post.

good stuff, however everytime i run it the sound is muffled, cant hear anything, I actually get that often when I afk and get kicked into HLTV when server is full, and sound gets pooched.

Comment

Turb, turb, turb.. 1st post, nub.

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X