Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The offical, 3.0 "I hate this/I Love this" Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The offical, 3.0 "I hate this/I Love this" Thread.

I personaly, Think the aliens are gimped with the hitboxes.

I liked the fact that in 2.0 you needed shotguns to kill fades and hmg's to kill onoses, and now it's like, HMG's kill everything and negates the usefulness of the shotgun except that shotties do more damage to buildings.

Other than that, I think everything, although I 've been playing combat more to get better at shooting, is in order, the alien upgrades seem balanced, focus is nice, but not too powerful.

I hate the lag to be honest but aside from that everything is good.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Hate the lag, really like the hive-dependent armor values. Hive 3 aliens are really strong now(armor is about twice as effective as before at that point). The aliens take a pretty serious beating if they can't get hives though; hive 1 skulks are too weak IMHO. Can't comment on much more than that since I'm pretty much used to the rest of it by now.

For those who weren't aware, armor was recently made to be more effective as aliens get more hives. Hives 1-3 are 2/2.5/3 armor value, and 70/80/90% absorption. Absorption is how much incoming damage is dealt to your armor(the rest goes to HP), and if I'm not mistaken the value is how many points of damage count as 1 damage to your armor. So at hives 3 aliens absorb 90% of damage to their armor, and only a third of that actually takes effect.

Comment

love the new leap. cheaper, better, faster, stronger, blah blah, my leap-bite pwns.

Oh yeah, and lerks are so ridiculous. When other people use them they're so freaking strong, and especially with focus, they totally destroy. I personally like leap/skulking a lot more for those cases where lerk is useful, but yeah.

Comment

i hate the new lerk flight. *stomps on ground* i want an option for the old lerk flight!!!

Comment

It's a whole lot cooler once you get the hang of it...

Comment

agrees with nothing totally

but lag will be address withing a day or 2. Partly cause we dont have all the pluggins installed and the crappyness of steam.

Comment

Originally posted by Zek
                For those who weren't aware, armor was recently made to be more effective as aliens get more hives. Hives 1-3 are 2/2.5/3 armor value, and 70/80/90% absorption. Absorption is how much incoming damage is dealt to your armor(the rest goes to HP), and if I'm not mistaken the value is how many points of damage count as 1 damage to your armor. So at hives 3 aliens absorb 90% of damage to their armor, and only a third of that actually takes effect.
                ok so whats the point of carapace now?

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper
                  i hate the new lerk flight. *stomps on ground* i want an option for the old lerk flight!!!
                  I can litterally fly circles around you with the new lerk. Take some time and practice. The new model does feel heavy at first, but its much better overall.
                  I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

lerk is awesome in combat, at least, with all of those rigged upgrades. In regular NS, I have yet to see it be used to some great effect, mostly because all the nub's are like "omgwtflerksuckscan'tgetoffthegroundfeelheavygivem eoldlerkflight!!11oneeleveniamuberl33twitholdlerki rskillz"

UGH.

Comment

omgwtflerksuckscan'tgetoffthegroundfeelheavygiveme oldlerkflight!!11oneeleveniamuberl33twitholdlerkir skillz

omfg it sux0zr!!
                      actually, i like it, but i just suck at it..

Comment

Yo, Just point up, Press jump a few, hold it down and glide, turn the mouse accordingly to what you want to do =P.

The new lerk flight makes me feel like lerks could be the new fades. In that, they might be key to the game.

Comment

I really have no complaints other than HL seems to randomly lock up for no reason about 15 minutes into gaming....

good times......

Comment

Bite might not cut it against them jp's.
                            n3g, truely talented lerkers can take out JPs like.. some random phrase here.
                            Once you master the lerk flight model, you can do fly by bites like crazy, its insane, i saw bentley fly into the marine spawn on a combat take about a 3-5 bites and flew out the other end with 2 marines dead. Its hard, but amazing when it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
                              ok so whats the point of carapace now?
                              It still makes them stronger. If anything cara is better at hive 3. When 90% of damage goes to armor, you take very little HP damage while you still have it, and with cara your armor lasts longer. Also each point of armor is worth more with more hives so the cara boost has more effect.

As for Lerk Bite, it's actually better against JPers than spikes once you get used to it. Take celerity and you can take down JPs with little problem.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X