This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vent Hopping Question

Quote: "Marine Vent Hopping: Marines may not hop inside vents (which force a crouched position) for the purposes of exploitatively increasing speed. A good example of such a vent is that running from Bio Hive to Vent Hive on ns_origin."

Either thats a typo, or I'm completely missing what you are referring to here. It is standard practice to hop up the vent from Vent to Furnace on that map, or any vent that angles upwards, but I don't even know how to increase speed by hopping in a flat vent.

So...is there a flat-vent hopping exploit that I'm not aware of, which is what you are banning, or are you also banning slanted-vent hopping?

Re: Vent Hopping Question

In the vents that are tall enough to allow you to jump while inside (purification to vent on caged, biodome to vent on origin, etc.) marines can bunnyhop. Simply jumping in a vent won't accomplish anything unless it is inclined and you are traveling upwards as you mentioned. Wallstrafing can also be used to increase speed in any vent regardless of its height.

Comment

Re: Vent Hopping Question

Originally posted by ----paranoid----
      So if I understand this new rule correctly, any jumping in a vent to gain speed is banned. So the upward vent from Vent to Frunace hive on ns_origin must be walked through with no jumping the same as normal flat vents.
      para's got it. Obviously, since it's so much easier to do, hopping in the vent from Vent Hive to Ore (ns_origin), or any similar uphill vent, is going to come easier (that is, avoiding it will require more discipline) than hopping through a vent which has no incline.

Just make your best effort to avoid hopping in vents. If it's not good enough (your effort to avoid it), the admins will let you know.

We can help each other remember by reminding each other, as some of us are prone to hopping in some vents. Also, cut folks some slack while this is new -- some of our friends don't frequent the forums (yeah, all players are required to be familiar with the rules, but this one just happened).

Now.. I say again.. if you have questions/comments, PM any TGNS admin (as some of you have already done -- ty).
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X