Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we want friendly fire enabled permanently?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we want friendly fire enabled permanently?

3.x allows for friendly fire to be enabled independently of tournament mode.

Post whether you want friendly fire enabled on our 3.x server permanently, and please do your best to explain why you have the opinion that you do.

Wyzcrak
    AutoBalance ON
    0.00%
    AutoBalance OFF
    0.00%
    Yes, they add a tactical advantage to the game.
    0.00%
    No, I don't use them.
    0.00%
    Leave it at "1", if they do it enough they'll get kicked.
    0.00%
    "2" is good, that's twice as long as good players have to wait.
    0.00%
    "3" is a decent punishment...
    0.00%
    Let's set it higher. They may not have enough time to TK anyone else, but it'll keep 'em out of the game.
    0.00%
    I miss ya man!
    0.00%
    Bah who cares about sniper :P
    0.00%
    COME BACK! I MISS YOU!!!!
    0.00%
    Come back so i can get kills off you :P
    0.00%
    I agree with these guidlines
    0.00%
    I disagree with these guidelines and here's why
    0.00%
    I could care less
    0.00%
    I have four nipples
    0.00%
    Yes I always have the cockpit on - my name is Max Immelmann
    0.00%
    No. The cockpit off gives back that situational awareness you loose from a 2d screen.
    0.00%
    Yes
    0.00%
    No
    0.00%
    That's a stupid idea!
    0.00%
    Oh hell ya!!
    0.00%
    Move to 7pm est......
    0.00%
    Leave it at 4pm est.....
    0.00%
    Every night!
    0.00%
    4-6
    0.00%
    2-3
    0.00%
    0.00%
    Zero
    0.00%
    RvS sucks, it's too buggy.
    0.00%
    Yes.
    0.00%
    No.
    0.00%
    I don't care.
    100.00%
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

No I need something to look forward to on Tuesdays and Thursdays. =)
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Yes, as long as we can maintain a relatively regular admin presence on the server. Possibly some sort of penalty plugin would be appropriate. Not shooting your teammates in the back/running in front of people is something that people should learn, and it adds a little more strategy to the marines(though I'm not wild about it on aliens). It's worth trying for a little while at least.

Comment

I once saw a CS mod where if you killed your teammates you got slapped and lost health, now if you could do this but only with res that'd be awesome. The problem is Marines share their res.. so maybe they loss health?
        anyways, i argee with zek

Comment

I think FF is fantastic in princliple, but can we have a week to get used to 3.0 first? If the 3.0 world is swarming with nublets and lamers it might not be a good idea.
          Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

What I would really like is if we could find a reverse-FF plugin, that takes all damage you would have done to your teammates and does it to you instead. That would definitely force the pubbers to take it into consideration.

Comment

YES...I will love this. This is supposed to be on. All other TG servers are...

Comment

Originally posted by Zek
                What I would really like is if we could find a reverse-FF plugin, that takes all damage you would have done to your teammates and does it to you instead. That would definitely force the pubbers to take it into consideration.

Comment

mirror damage. seen it is cs and like it :)

Comment

I voted "no" because I dont really like ff on in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
                      YES...I will love this. This is supposed to be on. All other TG servers are...
                      Agreed.. besides bullets have no names... it should do dammage to whomever it hits.

Comment

Originally posted by Zek
                        Zek, I saw you recommend this in the ns.org forums (mp_friendlyfire 2), and I like the idea very much.

I think WM makes a good point. This won't take effect immediately.

Wyzcrak
                        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

K it looks like this is going to take effect at some point. Could we have No FF nights? Comon i need something to look forward to on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Also maybe this week we could try out FF on its regular night to test the water.
                          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Seems like a good idea, but 2 things were mentioned which I agree with.
                            1) Lets get used to 3.0 first
                            2) Without a steady admin presence ff can be a pain

PS - there were no errors here, move along, nothing to see here

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

1) Lets get sued to 3.0 first

flaryra better hire his lawyers

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed