Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back but crippled...

So here is the down low on my past 6 months:

Joined the Air Force, Went to basic training (sucked ass), Went to tech school in mississippi (Keesler AFB) to become an Air Traffic Controller, Went through hurricane Katrina (really sucked), graduated technical training through odds of 50% washout rate PER test (about 14 tests in all), Was stationed in New Mexico (Holloman AFB) got diverted with no notice to Louisiana (Barksdale AFB), got married, and am now on a crappy laptop waiting for the day i call dell or build my mean machine that will allow me to come back with a vengence! MUAHHAHA It is nice to be... alive and back again.

I played a little bit today and saw many familiar friendly faces; T_bear, rs_al, phor, and many others. It is great to be back... off to go tend to the wife (would rather be playing with you all but you know how it is... i just got slapped for that, she was right behind me hehe) Till another time, later all

RisingSun
    Quotes From Wise People:
    "Never enough time to do it once but always enough time to do it again."
    "If he(She) ever learns what it is to speak ill, he will no longer be angry"
    "You'll learn good from the good; those who are not, If you mix with them, spoil the sense you've got."

Re: Back but crippled...

Rising Sun Is Back :)
    --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Hey Keres! Ya this southern weather... sucks. It is so thick you can eat it. Do you know where i am? Northwest Louisiana? Chinese food out here isnt bad :P So where is korm and wyz and and Enimga!!!! come on people! This is prime NS time... oh wait, ya on the S.E.R.V.E.R. maybe? ill go suck it up for a while. Members unite and go play!

(p.s. I still type absurdly long posts hehe, somethings never change eh?)

p.s.s hmm members beat me too it. Full Full Full, bah. Post guys POST!!!
      Quotes From Wise People:
      "You'll learn good from the good; those who are not, If you mix with them, spoil the sense you've got."

Comment

When I saw "back but crippled", I was worried you had come back with a war injury or something. So glad to hear you're merely crippled with a slow computer. =P

Welcome back Rising. I think I was here 6 months ago, so you may even recognize me. I didn't have the cool Garland Avatar then though.

Comment

Airforce son? Common, I expect no less then Marine Corp out of TGNS.
          USAR

Comment

Welcome back <3.

Comment

Welcome... you may or may not have seen me. I don't remember you, but you would have left close to the same time I came I think.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your troubles, Rising, but I'm so glad to have you back among us. Thanks for giving us an update!

Also, glad to see you as SM. Many thanks for the help. Make sure you force your connection to the server (console: connect tgns.tacticalgamer.com) when it's full next time.

Many familiar faces from six months ago remain, but many, many wonderful folks frequent our server today who didn't when you last played here. You're in for some great games.
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Welcome back, and I am relieved that despite your months of serving this fine country, you still, STILL have not learned how to spell my name correctly.

I salute you sir.

Comment

Rising, remembering that it starts with "P" is easy enough. If you can't remember which comes first after that, the trick is to remember that his name, fittingly enough, ends in "HOR".
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by RisingSun
                      So where is korm
                      He's busy, and when he finds time, he admins the Dystopia server. He only plays TGNS in his dreams.
                      Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                        Rising, remembering that it starts with "P" is easy enough. If you can't remember which comes first after that, the trick is to remember that his name, fittingly enough, ends in "HOR".
                        I think that pfhor here has both the hardest name to remeber to spell, and also is the one that takes the most time to type. p and f are apart from each other, making it take time to type with one hand. (Who would stop take a hand off the mouse to type with two hands mid game?) This makes it One of the most shortened, short names when in game.

My shorting verson of phor comes from that it sounds like fear, which is what he bring to his opponents, exect with the Ph at the begianing.
                        Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

I think we should call him por for short, get the nice straight line going across the keys, fast and efficient to type. You could add a letter or two on the way. pore and pour are both acceptable. It might take a little too much time to type poor though, as you have to keep your finger over the O instead of moving in a swift line.

Comment

haha, your name was always the hardest for me lol... let me try this... fh... ph... pfhoe... pfhor! Yes i got it :P Nice to see ya man and cant wait to see how much your skills have improved.

Wyz lol, i have been paying for mine a T_Bears membership since i left for basic training in June lol. I just never knew how to cancel and didnt much care :P I cancelled due to bills but will get it back up soon.

Nice to meet you Irish, hope to see you on the server ;)

Korm man! nice to see you and you too kerostasis, squeak, and eternal! You better all be in the server soon and better not let me own you like old times hehe. I am so super rusty that i went around trying to bunny hop as gorge and was like; OMG i can frigg'n HEAL MYSELF. And my first kill was a spit kill hehe So ya good times. I will get on the monster beast of a comp so i can play fo' REAL. Ill keep all you updated and the cute ones more so hehe dont mind the million PM's Keres ;) (yes i am now a dirty old "married" man muhahaha j/k j/k) First off i will get a mic. Forgot how... useful that is, no one READS anymore lol See you all soon.

Rising

p.s. I am now an Air Traffic Controller so expect to see me comming a WHOLE lot more. It is what i do for my job after all hehe.

p.s.s. What is this dystopia thingy korm? Do i have to learn that game to play with ya (and still whoop you up?)?
                            Quotes From Wise People:

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
                              He's busy, and when he finds time, he admins the Dystopia server. He only plays TGNS in his dreams.
                              More like he admins the Dystopia server when Zephyr passes out after monitoring it 24/7 like an obedient crack monkey...

Good to see you back RisingSun, I try to play TGNS, but TGDys is my baby now and I can't leave it.

Do please come check out TGDys when you have some time. We won't own you too hard, after all it's only Korm you have to worry about.

Edit: Pfhor just comes naturally to me...I've never been able to misspell his name ever...I must be a freak...
                              -Zephyr
                              You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                              We are not a single game.
                              We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                              We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X