Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody else find comming the most "rage" part of the game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody else find comming the most "rage" part of the game?

Anybody else have those moments while comming where you just want to take your computer and throw it out the window your so frustrated? It's not so much what goes on, its just the steam of information coming from your teammates that isn't relevant. Things like:

We need more obs! (When you already have 2 and have plenty of energy sieging a hive, and you even told them earlier that)

Scan this hive and that hive (after you already told them those hives were clear 20 seconds ago)

We need x - this is almost kind of funny. Every game I comm I always hear an endless stream of "we need" then "insert random upgrade here" even if I'm informing them of my upgrades and plans. I mean at least if I ever say I need something from a comm the first thing I do is look at the team resources, then "can I get a hmg when you get a chance". Or at the least, pay attention to what he's saying his plans are and think if now is an appropriate time to ask for an expensive item.

Anybody else have any stories of frustrating games as comms?
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: Does anybody else find comming the most "rage" part of the game?

I don't know, but I hear random members of the alien team yelling at eachother over stupid crap much more often than the comm generally does.

Comment

Sometimes when I'm starting the game my marines are all like "GIVE US AN IP COMMANDER!!!"

I post my IP.

THEY call me stupid.

THEN THEY have the NERVE to die and refuse to respawn.

GodWtfhaxbbq.

-Zephyr
      You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
      We are not a single game.
      We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
      We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

I have gotten frustrated before. I'm not a super experienced commander, so I have probably frustrated some of my players as well.

Yes, the amount of information can be overwhelming.

http://natural-selection.cordorgamin...ent/view/18/2/

More specifically, the song entitled "A million resnodes" Sadly sometimes it really sounds like it does in the beginning of that song. I think though, it could be hard to find a happy balance. I would be willing to give up some of the peace to have information that I can actually use, but there are always times when there is too much at once.

I have noticed when I press spacebar to go to an alert, it never takes me immediately to the alert I want to go to. Also once I accidentally hit the button to select a medpack (or anything else, but 50% of the time it's a medpack), it seems the only way to switch over to dropping somethign else is to either place the medpack, or actually click another category. (There has to be a better way, I just need to find it) It's happened a couple of times when three different people are asking for my attention, and I'm holding a medpack I can't get rid of and I just want to scream.

There are alot of things that are hard to find a happy medium. It's nice to have one or two marines go around and kill/cap nodes midgame sometimes while the rest of the team focuses somewhere else, but if too many people go you can't accomplish what you wanted (take down a hive, secure an area).

I do miss just a little bit of the suprime control from other rts games. Alas, my marines have minds of thier own.

Comment

How many times on a co man do you hear "Omg Wtf! Stupid Lag Killed ME!". Well in ns it's "Omg Wtf Commander why didn't you med me!" Sometimes it's the comms fault, but usually it's not. A good comm can't makeup for poor shots, and a bad comm can't keep 5 rambo's happy. So just chill. 1 team wins 1 team loses and no matter what, when you lose someone will be pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by dudewithagun
            How many times on a co man do you hear "Omg Wtf! Stupid Lag Killed ME!". Well in ns it's "Omg Wtf Commander why didn't you med me!" Sometimes it's the comms fault, but usually it's not. A good comm can't makeup for poor shots, and a bad comm can't keep 5 rambo's happy. So just chill. 1 team wins 1 team loses and no matter what, when you lose someone will be pissed.
            That, if anything, is easily the most frustrating part of commanding for me; the idea that there's something I missed, and that one misstep makes for 20 minutes of grief.

If I'm your comm, never expect a medpack from me. You'll get it when I can give it. Until then, keep killing stuff.
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Re: Does anybody else find comming the most &quot;rage&quot; part of the game?

To me, the most frustrating games are the alien games where the marines seem to control the whole map early, and the aliens simply never have a chance. They only pick up 1 RT, which maybe gets killed early, chambers don't show up for 3 or 4 minutes, and you suddenly realize that you have a team of vanilla skulks facing 1/1 upped shotguns who have a Phase Gate in 1 or more hives.

I give meds sparingly. I'm usually willing to give a marine his first medpack the moment he gets hit. The second is, more often than not, a waste because by that point all your armor is gone. Unless someone is welding you, its simply more money than its worth to keep you alive.

Comment

Aliens usually only drop one or two nodes, killing any alien structure early in the game really sets back the whole team because everyone is too fickle to stop doing what they were already doing. People who called fade still want to fade, ect. People assume it's not their job to redrop RTs, but don't realize that NO ONE will be able to do anything 5 min into the game with no RTs.

If chambers are killed, it can be a long time before anyone redrops them, it's usually not as big of a problem as RTs though.

It can be hard for a commander to judge when it's best to drop that phasegate to the marine near one of the hives, or tell him to get the heck out of there and help cap nodes. Either way you are bound to get lots of complaints.

I still wish the commander had a little electric zap command to use on his marines in extreme circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper
                  Anybody else have those moments while comming where you just want to take your computer and throw it out the window your so frustrated?
                  It's part of being the commander. You're the marine's crutch. They can (and sometimes will) blame every little setback on you.

Don't give into it. Tell them to make one request, then shut up. If they continue to abuse the comm system, either find an admin to kick them for violations of TG maturity rules and spamming or flat-out ignore them.

As a CS admin, when the server is full: I don't need players giving lip to the "commander" and other players. They abide by the rules or they go. I will bet good money that if the CS (or NS for that matter) server is full, there's a line of regs on the wait list. I'd rather get someone in who will work with his team/commander and shoulder some blame of the loss.

Comment

I can command, and win on many servers. However, tgns is not one of them. Out of say 10 times i've commanded, I've won maybe 2. It's probably due to the skill of the players on this server.

However, the two times that I've won commanding on here, I had an awsome team. Couldn't ask for much more than that. if my team knows what they are doing, and move together, we win. if there's a bunch of ninja's, I do an bunch of bitching, and we loose.

My one tip... ALWAYS put turrents in base. it will ward off the oni.
                    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Don't forget to put lots of mines out close to the hallway leading into the base too, they will kill the gorges that try to bile the turrets that are scaring away the oni.

Comment

Part of the problem that commanders can have on this server is that most, if not all the marines who play here reguraly can pick up on a less then able commander after just a few mins. This is partly due to the fact the server is built on teamwork. More responablity lands on the commander on our server than most of the other server. Yes, the marines are imporant, but due to the large number of high skill level, And more often than not, an execess of teamwork. The commander must be good. A average commander, witch is what I rate my self as has a hard time on this server for just that reason, he lets the aliens have an edge, then they will take it. The marines will more often then not be content if they are winning, a commander who does not let them have advanges by not doing something stupid, will cause the aliens to be pressing hard, and the marines will be fighting them, marines with out things to do complain. Marines with things to do will complain but a lot less. Wyz, who is a great comm in my mind, often has his marines doing something almost every time, so he does not often get hammered as much with this complaing.
                        Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Wyz is the best comm i've seen on the server :O.

The demo he posted a while back was a good example.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper
                            Wyz is the best comm i've seen on the server :O.
                            That's because I haven't been commanding.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                              That's because I haven't been commanding.
                              I smell a 1980s montage coming on :O

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X