"Knifefan" shares the "NSPlayer" fate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Knifefan" shares the "NSPlayer" fate

As you guys know, the "NSPlayer" name has been prohibited from the server for some time. This solves several problems. Less importantly, it removes seasoned players who think it's cute to join the server with a name that suggests they've just installed the game.

More importantly, it prevents several folks connecting to the server with the same name, as "NSPlayer" is a terribly common name, due to the mod's design. In this light, I've put the same clamp down on the name "Knifefan" name.

I'm all for folks using the curstomization pack (it's linked to from tacticalwiki.com's NS Customizations page), but they're not required to set their own name after installing it.

Please do help players who come around, confused, looking for help with this. Thanks.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: "Knifefan" shares the "NSPlayer" fate

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
    As you guys know, the "NSPlayer" name has been prohibited from the server for some time. This solves several problems. Less importantly, it removes seasoned players who think it's cute to join the server with a name that suggests they've just installed the game.

More importantly, it prevents several folks connecting to the server with the same name, as "NSPlayer" is a terribly common name, due to the mod's design. In this light, I've put the same clamp down on the name "Knifefan" name.

I'm all for folks using the curstomization pack (it's linked to from tacticalwiki.com's NS Customizations page), but they're not required to set their own name after installing it.

Please do help players who come around, confused, looking for help with this. Thanks.
    Do NSplayers who connect get kicked with a message, you much change your name to play here? Or do they not know why they can not join? I hate for the real Knifefan to be unable to play on our server...
    Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

The error message is "You have no entry to this server..."

Only this name issue will cause that error message.

It's a default AMXX message. I need to change it, but I've got to write my own plugin to do that. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
        The error message is "You have no entry to this server..."

Only this name issue will cause that error message.

It's a default AMXX message. I need to change it, but I've got to write my own plugin to do that. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.
        Why do you need a plugin. It sounds like it should be something you can set. After all you said it was the default message...

Would this plugin help?
        http://www.amxmodx.org/forums/viewto...ht=block+names

Also would amxx let you do something like

%n = joiningname;

if (%n == banlist[]) /* name is on the list of names not allowed */
        then{
        amx_kick %n " The name %n is not allowed on this server. Please Change it to play here."
        };

(yea i know it missing the code to do something, and i am comparing a char string to a string list, it is nothing more than the idea)
        Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

You've got the idea. While that plugin meets the need, I'll probably custom-build something, as our needs are far simpler than that plugin.

Comment

Players connecting to the server with an unacceptable name (NSPlayer, Knifefan, etc) are now kicked with a message similar to the following:

The name 'NSPlayer' is not allowed.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X