Why hello thar!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why hello thar!

Stumbled upon the server earlier tonight, and was pretty impressed :) T_BEAR, henrieshow and I talked about movies for awhile, then played a few really good games of NS. Also got a few tips from aero, cause I suck really bad at marine :-P Nice job guys.

So I asked aero about making a donation here as soon as I get paid again, and he said the donator icon is shown on the site somewhere. I couldn't find it though... I guess maybe I'm blind but if anyone could link me to it, that would be much appreciated. Also, what email should I use for a transfer on Paypal? Same one as the subscriptions? Was thinking I might sponsor other regulars if they can't afford it, but if not I'll just send a chunk to that Paypal account. Basically just looking for a new place to call home, haven't played NS regularly in awhile, so I'd rather donate than see the place I get used to shut-down. Makes sense? :-P

Thanks, my name's Jay by the way... probably easier than saying Machinist.
    A little guilt goes a long way.

Re: Why hello thar!

Hey! Welcome to the community.

Make sure you mosey on down and have a read at our server rules, which should get you up to date on how the server community runs.

Feel free to PM any TGNS admin for questions or concerns.
    Last edited by Iceberg; 02-15-2006, 10:40 AM.
    USAR

Comment

Hello thar pardner. Welcome to the world of TG.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Welcome, Jay!

I'm glad you're enjoying TGNS.

Many thanks to aero, T_BEAR and snappy ("henrieshow") for making our new friend feel so welcomed and comfortable.

Indeed, Jay, this server dies without Supporting Memberships (see paranoid's post for the link). Anything you can do to help is appreciated. squeak's right. .. read the required reading atop this forum index. It has some text that explains why Supporting Memberships are so important.

Looking forward to meeting you on the server. Let us know if you have any questions.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachinist
          Stumbled upon the server earlier tonight, and was pretty impressed :) T_BEAR, henrieshow and I talked about movies for awhile, then played a few really good games of NS. Also got a few tips from aero, cause I suck really bad at marine :-P Nice job guys.

So I asked aero about making a donation here as soon as I get paid again, and he said the donator icon is shown on the site somewhere. I couldn't find it though... I guess maybe I'm blind but if anyone could link me to it, that would be much appreciated. Also, what email should I use for a transfer on Paypal? Same one as the subscriptions? Was thinking I might sponsor other regulars if they can't afford it, but if not I'll just send a chunk to that Paypal account. Basically just looking for a new place to call home, haven't played NS regularly in awhile, so I'd rather donate than see the place I get used to shut-down. Makes sense? :-P

Thanks, my name's Jay by the way... probably easier than saying Machinist.
          I thought you were talking about ingame, you'll get a shiny TG icon in front of your name :D. But it looks like para gave the link for memberships so that worked out.

Welcome to the server.
          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

wellcome!
            "The electric Yellow's got me by the brain banana!"

Comment

Welcome to the last reason you'll ever need to not play on pubby servers.

:D

-mom
              Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Errrr... yeah bout the membership link, I was planning on paying more than $8 per month, that's why I asked if I should just do a seperate transfer to the same email?

Comment

That's a question for Apophis. You may PM him.

Consider, as your "additional donation," purchasing supporting memberships for those players whose company you enjoy, as it gives them total freedom to join the full server whenever you're playing (and it keeps things simple for Apophis, as it's merely another supporting membership).
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Good thinking, I'll try that, and PM him.

Comment

Welcome to TG. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to ours. Resistance is futile.

I saw The Machinist recently, nifty movie. Makes me feel like I'm not skinny.

Comment

If you're really got that much extra money lying around, you might also consider donating to the NS development team. That gives you a blue Constellation Icon on any server you go to, and some other perks as well. Sometimes you get to playtest new versions early, for example.

Unfortunately I can't give you the paypal link for them right now, because their site is down after a hacker hit it. But it ought to return soon (in theory) now that they have a programmer working on it again. The Dev's website is unknownworlds.com

Comment

Right. Thats what I was trying to say. But recent news posts on the site seem to support the belief that the constellation program will return soon.

Comment

Yo! Welcome! I do bite.

Comment

Firstly, TBEAR is a nub. Secondly, T_BEAR is a nub. Lastly, it's Phil Hendrie Show, i.e. the greatest show in the history of radio!!! Good to see you Machinist it was fun talking movies with you. You better check out Errol Morris.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X