NS Community Cup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS Community Cup

Well, I'm sure most of you have seen me on the server, usually after school around 4pm. Anyway, I am the Head Admin of the NS World Cup and since the cup has just ended, things have been really slow in the tournament department, I've been playing CAL matches and scrims regularly but there hasn't been many tournaments going on.

Well, anyway, I got this idea while thinking yesterday about hosting a community server cup, where public serer communities will nominate regulars or admins of the server to create a team to promote their server and become the "Best NS Server".

The winning server team will be dubbed to have the "Best Server of NS" by Flayra on the official Natural Selection website. Server communities around North America will be competing, and will all be promoting their servers throughout the tourney. As for other pub regulars, HLTV will be up for most of the matches so people can spectate their server teams in actiion :D

Details on the rules and how to join will be posted in the NS Community Cup forums shortly, but first I was just wondering if the community was interested.

Some rules I have come up with so far:
    - Server admins can participate for their teams
    - Each server can only enter 1 team (as of now)
    - Players with CAL-Delta experience may not participate
    - Players currently in CAL or have played in CAL this season may not participate
    - Anyone chosen by the server admins/team leaders can play for the server, hopefully you choose regulars and/or server representatives

Finally, I would like to add that the main goals of this tournament are for server promotion, creating a competitive atmosphere, and of course, having fun.

Head Admin of the NSWC,
    pSyCh0

Re: NS Community Cup

I've got an open mind as I ask these questions, and I'd love to hear the feedback from regulars (anyone who's been around at least as much as psycho).

What does our community stand to gain from this endeavor, night after night?

I think there are good responses. I'm just curious to see what people come up with.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

We could gain more people to play on our server.

it sounds like fun, a problem we might have is I am sure we have serveral requlers who are in CAL.

I juest wonder if we could show off the true value of TG in the Cup. Random people who gather to play the game as a team. We don't play to win, we don't play to show how good we are, we play to work as a team and have fun. You can lose every round and have fun on this server. most servers that are pubs, you win and you might have fun.
      Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Yes, Eternal has the right idea here. Of course, winning also does "show off" your server more I guess but losing and playing well as a team is an important aspect of the goals of this tournament. I don't believe it would be on a night by night basis Wyzcrack, but the times for matches would usually be a convenient, default time.

Comment

I didn't use "night by night" to refer to the times we could showcase the server with our tournament gameplay. I used "night by night" to refer to the time AFTER the tournament gameplay when our community would benefit from our having ever participated in the tournament at all. What's the lasting power, if any, of our benefit for having gone to the trouble. Sure, being in the tournament at all might be fun, but I'm trying to look at the bigger picture. I'm just brainstorming.

We say that winning would draw attention to the server. Who would it attract? Sure, it would increase our quantity, but the server is full every night as it is, with plenty of new faces. I guess there're still the daytime hours to saturate with server gameplay, so we might score there. But how can we make our participation in such a beast bring to our community the very players we WANT here: respectful, mature students of the game?

Then there's the argument that we're supporting the larger NS community. That's powerful to me, that argument.

pSyCh0, is this thing actually going to happen, or are you just brainstorming?

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

This will happen. I believe the most important part before announcing anything is support from the server communities. Whether it takes 2 weeks to get started or 4 months, it will happen, guaranteed. And I can promise it will be well-organized.

Comment

Where will the matches be played?

In how many ways does a community show its support in order to be considered on board?

Comment

Because this is going to happen, we should see who here is intersted in playing in this Cup, and are allowed to play. If only 2 or so people here want to play in it, or can play in it. it a moot point.

I am intrested in taking part in the Cup. That makes 1 so far.

We need what 6 people at least?

Question for about the rule for CAL, must it be in NS, or if someone who is a req here was in the CS CAL will he be allowed to compete?
                Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

When (If) I'm ready to seek participants, I'll establish a process for doing so.

Comment

i'd be up for this, definitely. i don't see how there's anything to lose, so it's a no-brainer.

Comment

This is a nice idea, gl to the people playing for tg =))
                      Rgr, the internets be a harse mistress

Comment

Wyzcrak, all I mean by support is assuring me they will compete and show up for their matches.

Eternal, the rule about CAL players only applies to players in CAL NS, not CS or DoD :P

Comment

wish my clan wasnt English.

Comment

Well if we play, a group of TG players get together and play in matches. Sounds fun to me.

If we lose, we will have played alot of games, had alot of fun, and not be on the NS homepage as the best server.
                            If we win, we will have played alot of games, had alot of fun, and be on the NS homepage as the best server.

I don't see any real loss here, I would say count me in.

Comment

Id be up for it, sounds fun.

But in would need to know the dates of the matches beforehand.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X