• Show
Clear All

• Friends problem

Run steam > Open the friends window > click 'sign in'
    Message says 'Signing in to the friends network...' for a while then
    Message says 'You failed to connect to the friends network servers'

WinXP
    On a uni network

The rest of steam works, including CS and NS.
    I have connected to the friends network before, but i'm not sure if that was from here or at home. That was using win98SE and the previous steam version -the one after the latest CS patch, but before the small recent steam patch.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

I am. They had the Friends server down for something the other night...it was supposedly fixed, but they might still be having issues.

Comment

the friends go on and off all the time

Comment

www.steampowered.com

If you visit their support forum, you'll see threads which indicate a pattern of rampant unreliability in the friends network.

Wyzcrak
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Yeah, my Friends list worked back in November, but it hasn't been reliable for quite some time.

Comment

Didn't you guys hear that the Psychic Friends Networktm went out of business a few years ago. Like that 1-900 number went down a long time ago.

That being said, I foresee that it doesn't work at my house either. I also predict that it might work someday soon.
            (observations are for entertainment purposes only!)
            --
            CaveDog
            "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

I can beat that. I'm so psychic, I knew they'd go out of business the first time I saw Dionne Warwick hocking their wares.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X