Sat Nights: TGNS Captains Nights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat Nights: TGNS Captains Nights

I guess the reason we haven't had Captains Nights as often lately is the high quality of the games nevertheless. Or we're just slackers. One of the two.

BUT NO MATTER!!

Starting this Saturday night, and every Saturday night, Captains Games will be played on TGNS following the conclusion of the HLTV Session (held weekly).

So, please __DO__ stop what you're doing long enough to join us for the HLTV Session, and then join the server for some absolutely fantastic Captains Games.

( HLTV Session attendance makes you awesome, but it does not get you priority access to TGNS afterward. A Supporting Membership sure as hell does, though. )
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Sat Nights: TGNS Captains Nights

What time will they normally start?

Comment

Whenever the HLTV Session completes.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

What if I am already awesome- what benefits would I hope to gain by attending the HLTV session?

Like every weekend, I have a party to attend (woe is me) but if I get back in time I'll definitely slotkick some helpless noob (man I hope it's pfhor). Hopefully I'll be able to catch one of these HLTV sessions I've heard so much about.

Comment

There's no SM preference on the HLTV Proxy. 100 slots (the TGNS Proxy has 50).

Beyond the educational element is the fellowship we enjoy in the process of attending the HLTV Sessions.

Comment

I believe he meant slot kick someone from the captians game.

I would be very afraid if the HLTV proxy ever needed slot priority.

Comment

Originally posted by rs_al
              What if I am already awesome- what benefits would I hope to gain by attending the HLTV session?

Like every weekend, I have a party to attend (woe is me) but if I get back in time I'll definitely slotkick some helpless noob (man I hope it's pfhor). Hopefully I'll be able to catch one of these HLTV sessions I've heard so much about.
              This is the best quote in the history of TGNS.
              USAR

Comment

Tonight's captains night was downright excellent. It was also very popular, and very full, and it was extremely hard to get a slot in any game without being slotkicked. So this one nights captains games has singlehandedly convinced me to go find a way to afford SM-ship. See all you SMs soon.

Comment

Amazing night. Other new SMs may follow it. I wish more of our friends could manage SMs.

At one point, we had a slot open up. Immediately, the names of six players appeared on the screen, all folks waiting in line to join the full server.

Great... well... great everything tonight. Looking forward to next week.

More of you need to attend the HLTV Sessions. In doing so, you make more full and robust the gameplay on TGNS, as the sessions are terribly educational, and educated players make for entertaining players (and, then, games).

Comment

I went and got a membership, it's the only server I play on and if 2 nights in a row I can't get in for an hour I'm gonna pay to ruin someone else's game for my pleasure :D. I NEED my NS after work sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinker
                      I NEED my NS after work sometimes.
                      I hear that.

Hey man.. thanks for the support. Be sure you've read all of the required reading if you haven't already.

Comment

Sorry if this question is stupid.
                        I am somewhat new to reading the forums and what not. I have only read the rules and regulations like we are required when registering.

What times are the HLTV sessions on saturday nights? How long do they normally last? What is an HLTV sessions?

Thanks.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X