Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.x reserved slots

Ok guys, here's what I've done.

I have taken the reserved slots configuration for 2.x and moved it to 3.x. That worked flawlessly.

I then swapped out your WONID for your STEAMID *** only if you have played on our 3.x server so far. ***

If you have played on our 3.x already, AND you had a reserved slot when we canceled 2.x, you SHOULD NOW have a reserved slot on the 3.x server.

If you don't, and you should, please contact any admin privately.

Thank you.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Is it possible to put the server at 14 max instead of 15 so Steam's auto-join feature will work?

Comment

I'm afraid not. AMX's reserved slot system uses that 15th slot to hold a player while it decides whether or not the player is allowed in.

Wyzcrak

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Good stuff. Glad I can boot people with my imperial presence once again ;)
        I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

My changes earlier didn't stick. I think I've solved it now. Very sorry for those of you who tried to join this evening and couldn't. If anyone STILL has problems, please contact an admin.

Thanks.

Wyzcrak

Comment

Wyz informs me that reserve slots have to join through the console now if the server is full because he set the max visible players to 14.

Comment

Originally posted by Zek
              Wyz informs me that reserve slots have to join through the console now if the server is full because he set the max visible players to 14.
              as in goto console and type "connect tgnsip"?
              how do you get the actual console in steam?

Comment

Same as before (tilde by default). It just looks different now.
                [volun2]
                NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Yes, Zek speaks the truth. I changed this tonight.

With 15 slots, Steam's autojoin feature becomes broken. Steam always shows a slot available, and the autojoin feature is rendered useless.

I have made only 14 slots visible to server browsers in order to facilitate players without reserved slots being able to get in whenever a slot opens up. The 15th slot still exists, and is still used to kick a non-reserved slot player when a reserved slot player joins, but Steam (HLSW, etc) will now never know about that 15th slot, and will report a full server when 14 of the 15 slots are full, so you have to manually connect using the console (again, only when the server is full).

I'm sure someone here knows how to setup a desktop shortcut for our server using Steam. Someone explain how.

For those of you who know anything about HLDS variables, here's what I changed:

sv_visiblemaxplayers 14

Wyzcrak

Comment

I still use ASE. No probs here :)

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
                      "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Originally posted by verbose

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
                          Originally posted by verbose

Comment

Connect

Collapse