Looks like I'm done

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like I'm done

Well the verdict is in. Steam is the death of all dialup users.

That leaves just the weekends or parts thereof for me.

* sigh *
    I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

:(

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that Santal. Have you browsed the ns forums for information on that? :(

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Assuming you're talking about the pings, you should wait until everybody else's ping problem is worked out and then see how it is on dial-up...

Comment

:'(
          Sorry to see you go, i hope the pings get better when NS gets updated.

Comment

the problem with the pings was a server side problem. (STEAM screwed something up in their 1-15-04 update)

Things have been fixed and pings are as low as can be. Game play is 100x better too.

Comment

The problem is Steam itself. Do you remember how long it took over highspeed to update it when you first installed it? Yeah, now imagine that over dialup.

Sorry to hear that HSantal'
              I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

took me about 30 secs to update.

Comment

Vote to start the "Run a t1 line to Hsantal's front door" fund

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley
                    The problem is Steam itself. Do you remember how long it took over highspeed to update it when you first installed it? Yeah, now imagine that over dialup.

Sorry to hear that HSantal'
                    Well, they offer installation files that already come with games...

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
                      the problem with the pings was a server side problem. (STEAM screwed something up in their 1-15-04 update)

Things have been fixed and pings are as low as can be. Game play is 100x better too.
                      When you say this, are you saying that the pings/gameplay experience on the server today is different than it was last night?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus

When you say this, are you saying that the pings/gameplay experience on the server today is different than it was last night?
                        yes, much different. Back to the 2.0x days. Sub 100 pings for everyone. (sorry hsantal)

I have a totally new look on 3.0 now and i love it. Steam is fine!

Comment

Steam is fine!
                          I'll be the judge of that.

I'm not holding my breath though.
                          I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

hah, dont blame steam, it says you need a minimum connection of 56k. Anyone connecting below that they dont need to code for.

sorry

But we can always try to mess around with your connection settings, just catch me sometime on the server. ( you connected lastnight)

Comment

Actually, Steam doesn't specify a requirement for connection speed. It only specifies a recommendation for broadband.

Wyzcrak
                              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X