Custom Alien Crosshairs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Alien Crosshairs

Per a discussion during the game where I was devouring marines like popcorn I would like to point everyone to this pack of custom alien crosshairs.
    http://www.nsarmslab.com/flash/fileinfo.php?id=503
    This allows you to know exactly where to aim for devour, greatly impoving your accuracy. Personally, I only use the spore and the devour crosshairs, but wanted to help distribue the pack in it's complete form.
    Rm 14:2 NIV
    One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Re: Custom Alien Crosshairs

I love this pack. I find it mainly helpful because there's an on-screen representation (other than the fade holding his arms differently) for blink, swipe, meta, leap, and bite. That helps us quickswitch nubs not do the dreaded blink/meta attack quite so often. The parasite reticle is just a little yellow dot, which is much nicer than default.

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Been using these for over a year, handy stuff. Shaz did a great job on these (then again, he does a great job on all the sprite packs he makes).

If you like these, check out his full alien hud pack (the upgrade icons and hive indicators are far better than defaults IMO):

http://www.nsarmslab.com/flash/fileinfo.php?id=505

I use all of the sprites in that except for the adren one I use a blue resource energy bar.
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

*thumbs up*

I really like all the skulk crosshairs. And as Tempest said, the devour crosshair is very helpful for n00b onoses like me.

Comment

For a while now I have just been using an overhead projector pen. (those projectors back in High school, further back for some :D) Just use one of the non-permanent ones. I just put a little black dot in the middle of my screen.

On a plus side I can do that for any game, even play on servers that force consistency. And it is impossible to detect via scripts :D But which ever.

Comment

I'm so confused... on one hand, I want to thank Tempest for helping me find these again after I lost them to an update, but on the other I want to curse him for again revealing that damned Hasselhoff image >_<

Comment

Originally posted by Chark
              For a while now I have just been using an overhead projector pen. (those projectors back in High school, further back for some :D) Just use one of the non-permanent ones. I just put a little black dot in the middle of my screen.

On a plus side I can do that for any game, even play on servers that force consistency. And it is impossible to detect via scripts :D But which ever.
              You're a bit misinformed apparently. Crosshairs are NOT checked by consistency (muzzleflash is, however), and I don't even know what you're referring to when you say it's "impossible to detect via scripts". Crosshairs are sprites that are drawn for each weapon, most of the alien weapons simply don't have sprites for their crosshairs. This pak just adds the appropriate .spr and .txt files.

Comment

I suspected his practice is larger than NS, Adj?
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAdj`
                  You're a bit misinformed apparently. Crosshairs are NOT checked by consistency (muzzleflash is, however), and I don't even know what you're referring to when you say it's "impossible to detect via scripts". Crosshairs are sprites that are drawn for each weapon, most of the alien weapons simply don't have sprites for their crosshairs. This pak just adds the appropriate .spr and .txt files.
                  He means that writing on your screen with a marker can't be VAC'd, CD'd, Punkbusted, or anything else anti-h4x0r-tech.
                  [volun2]
                  NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                  Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                  <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                  <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Leagues will now require a webcam trained on the game screen at all times during the match.

"Oh snap! I knocked the webcam off the desk and it missed two seconds."
                    "I'm sorry, that just cost you the match, hacker."

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                      He means that writing on your screen with a marker can't be VAC'd, CD'd, Punkbusted, or anything else anti-h4x0r-tech.
                      lol, neither can crosshairs.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAdj`
                        Crosshairs are NOT checked by consistency (muzzleflash is, however)
                        Ah yes I thought that was checked. Not that it truely matters. I was aware that somethings were not checked however I was not sure what was and what was not. (I did know that muzzleflash was )

Yeah, I mainly use that method because it works for any game. And it is easy to remove if I wish not to have a crosshair. :D

Comment

I have to laugh hard at this thread because for a while, I was using the "Dry erase marker dot" crosshair method.... My friend was over one day and saw it and thought it hysterical. It works, and works well. No matter what weapon, crosshair graphic, etc, you have a tiny black dot on your screen that tells you the exact center.

After a few months of this method, I got creative and invented a new "external crosshair" that was a thin strip of acrylic with an exacto knife cut "X" that hung from a clip on the top of my monitor. This way when I wasnt gaming, I could just swing it up out of the way, and when gaming just swing it down for a semi transperant X of centerscreen goodness.

After using that for a few months, I FINALLY came across an ingame xhair pack I liked and everything else became obsolete.
                          Funny though, because I still use my acrylic xhair for other games sometimes.....
                          _________
                          &lt;OP8-322>
                          %#^^^#%

Comment

The crosshair on the screen would only work in games that assume that the center of the screen is what you are shooting at.

In real life I don't have to be looking at something to shoot near, only have the gun in the general direction and pull the trigger.

I like how 3rd person games handle the shooting. you can shoot were you are looking, or not. It does not matter.
                            Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Hi there guys, first time poster, but I've been on the server for a few weeks now.

Just curious, where do I extract the crosshair thing? I got the HUD to work just fine when I put it in the sprites folder, but the crosshair one must go in a different folder or something, because it isn't working =(

Any help would be great!

~thanks in advance - RiC :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...