HLTV Session: March 4th 8 Est (7 cst)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HLTV Session: March 4th 8 Est (7 cst)

WHEN: Saturday, March @ 8PM EST (7PM CST)
    WHO: Everyone is welcome
    WHERE: tgns.tacticalgamer.com:27075 (and join TeamSpeak, too)

Teamspeak information is located here http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...formation.html If you have any questions about teamspeak you can send me a pm on the forums or find me on irc in #tacticalgamer on the gamesurge server.

We will be watching a HLTV demo of two teams playing a match (or a game on the TG server) while myself and others do commentary and answer questions. This is a good way to expand your knowledge of ns.

If you have any requests for demos you can PM me. Captains night starts after the HLTV is finished.

Good turn out last week and the captain games after were fun.
    Last edited by LazyEye; 02-27-2006, 05:12 PM.

Re: HLTV Session: March 4th 8 Est (7 cst)

Looking forward to doing this again this week!

Do come if you can.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Quick question to HLTV session attendees, do you guys prefer demos from games on the TG server, or demos of matches played in CAL? Currently I'm trying to mix it up and I think that will be best.

Also in reguards to "epic" games do people want to watch any rounds that last over 40 minutes? I just think an hour long HLTV would get kind of stale after awhile and people would be eger to get captains games going.

Comment

I agree with paranoid. Mix it up, for the reasons he explained.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I do not care how long the matchs we watch are, although I like longer ones. The longer they are the more stuff we could learn about, after all why did it go so long? Most likely the teams were balanced and you will see a lot more and have much more to learn.

I like the games that are on the tgns server. They seem to be both more frendly and we can pick up more on what happens, thanks to the voices.

A CAL match can be more eduaction for the more advance tatics, but with homegrown games we can have the people who played in the game say why they did what they did. Something that we can not get in the CAL matchs.
          Last edited by Eternaly_Lost; 03-01-2006, 11:44 PM.
          Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Originally posted by Eternaly_Lost
            I do not care how long the matchs we watch are, although I like longer ones. The longer they are the more stuff we could learn about, after all why did it go so long? Most likely the teams were balanced and you will see a lot more and have much more to learn.
            Lots of talk on the forums about how much was/can be learned. What did you learn? Maybe a thread could be created where people could write about and discuss such things.

Originally posted by Eternaly_Lost
            ...with homegrown games we can have the people who played their say why they did what they did. Something that we can not get in the CAL matchs.
            orly

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X