Its impossible to play here now :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its impossible to play here now :(

The server is always full its tough for a non member to play here. I'm thinking of becoming a member so I can play whenever I want.

Dustin Michaels

Re: Its impossible to play here now :(

its your best bet if you want to keep a spot on the server

Comment

That's exactly why I got a membership. I fell in love with the server when they were testing no score board (I loved it), and have only played there since.

Comment

No scoreboard? That sounds fun, when did that happen?

It's worth it dustin, especially how almost every night the server is full a res slot comes in handy.

EDIT: Another question, what would happen theoretically if the server was full with ALL SMs, and another SM tries to join, would it deny them?
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Theoretically, the last SM couldn't join but I don't actually know. And the no scoreboard things was, 07-17-2005. My join date actually :D. I liked it, but I also love games that turn off death messages. I'm just masochistic like that. It feels more like an epic battle when you don't see who's killing who.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinker
            Theoretically, the last SM couldn't join but I don't actually know. And the no scoreboard things was, 07-17-2005. My join date actually :D. I liked it, but I also love games that turn off death messages. I'm just masochistic like that. It feels more like an epic battle when you don't see who's killing who.
            I dunno about getting rid of the who killed who info seeing as how that's pretty important tactical information, but the scoreboard is less important but it would be interesting to try a day's game without it just to gauge reaction :D.

Anybody know what the reaction was to it when it was done in july? Lots of complaints?
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper
              Anybody know what the reaction was to it when it was done in july? Lots of complaints?
              *meow*
              http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...coreboard.html
              Steam Community: | |

Comment

Take the scoreboard discussion the the thread korm referenced. Summary: folks couldn't live without the intel the scoreboard handed them.

Regarding slots: SMs get bumped by no one, including SMs and admins. Fill the server with SMs, guys. I dare you.

Regarding SM, I really do wish more people were. TGNS is very special. You'd not regret the decision. I don't get on the SM soapbox often. I respect that finances are a sensitive subject for just about everybody. But just consider where you spend your cash, and see if you can identify something that costs nine dollars per month and that you'd HAPPILY give up in order to join us every night, whenever you like, for however long you'd like.

I bet you can find something. If you can't, please do join us when you can, and thank an SM next time you see one on the server, as they are the players who make it possible for you to have a server to come to.
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

All I can say, in all the years that Ive played Natural Selection, in its first stages when it was a pipe dream, in CAL, in BFTG, on all those notable servers like G4B2S or NSArmslab or OldF, Jiggly, FFT; When I first got back into NS recently last month, I was delighted to find that there was still a server that had a teamwork emphasis. Even though I rarely play, I decided it was worth dropping down $ (a few days later) to support a great game and a great community.

Comment

Not bad for a first post, Avs. :)

Be sure you've read the required reading atop the forum index, including the NS rules/announcements.

Money is great, but the contribution that is your participation, on and off the server, is wonderful, too.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Juggernaut
                      its your best bet if you want to keep a spot on the server
                      Hey Jugger!! I havent seen u in ages :), stop by now and then :).

to OP, ya server is full on weekends mostly, cause of new( not really new) rule Captains Night.

However 1st come 1st serve basis will grant u the spot even on the most prime times. Even on Captains Night's I have yet to see more then 10 SM's

Comment

We had 13 concurrent last Saturday night. That's almost the entire server.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                          We had 13 concurrent last Saturday night. That's almost the entire server.
                          :icon_eek:

well its good to see Captains games bring people back to this NS.

Comment

I just signed up to become a supporting member. How long does it take before I can join a server even though it is full?

Comment

Once the SM shows up in the forums, it takes one to two map changes before the server recognizes you. It's automated.

console: connect tgns.tacticalgamer.com

Many thanks for the help with the bills, Dustin. Many, many thanks.

More of you should follow Dustin's lead. No joke.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X