Steam ID Pending?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam ID Pending?

Can anyone help me out? I joined the TG NS server and was then kicked because it said my steam id was pending or something. Then when i tried to reconnect it said that my id was already in use on the server.

Re: Steam ID Pending?

Send a PM to Wyzcrak and tell him that you need your pending steamID put in a vault. He will know what it means.
    Steam Community: | |

Comment

Let's keep the vault jokes to when folks aren't genuinely looking for help. Saw that same response to someone needing help about something in #tacticalgamer today.

Requious, STEAM_ID_PENDING is the "ID" every player has in the first few seconds of his connection. That is replaced with your SteamID once you authenticate against Valve's network.

If the authentication fails, TGNS rejects you, as we require a successful authentication.

The "account already in use" can happen in several situations, and typically requires you wait some time before rejoining.

What happened to you tonight has happened to others, but it's very rare.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Doesn't this usually happen when there's high traffic either on the steam servers, TGNS, or both? I've only had the problem during busy network traffic times (7-10pm) when it does.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I don't know.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

This was happening a lot today, in a scrim I was in 5 players out of 12 had the issue, its a problem with steam and not with any ns server. The problem seems to go away by itself, also restarting steam seems like the fix.

Comment

I have a listen Server, Everyone who connects to it has "Steam ID Pending" even if they've been on my server for hours. it also says that the server is not VAC secure. is the a way i can fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeburke14 View Post
                I have a listen Server, Everyone who connects to it has "Steam ID Pending" even if they've been on my server for hours. it also says that the server is not VAC secure. is the a way i can fix this?
                Yes, add -secure to your game command line perimeter. When you host a listen server again you should have VAC online with it. The Steam-ID pending problem seems to happen occasionally. If it does it a lot, I just restart steam and it seems to fix it.
                Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...