Demos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demos

When watching demos is it possible to see the overhead map? That would be far more interesting for me to watch so that I could predict points of interest and watch accordingly.

Re: Demos

Not to my knowledge.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Blast, that would be so useful. I was watching a demo and had no way to find where the action was going on. It sucked...I had no way to tell how the game was actually progressing.

Comment

Although you can't open the minimap, there is an "Overview" map option, but I haven't fooled around with it enough to know how/if it works.
        Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

It's sketchy--sometimes comes up, sometimes it doesn't. Furthermore, if it does come up, it won't necessarily be the RIGHT minimap. HLTV (or demos) doesn't contain the commands to update your minimap, so HL will continue using whatever minimap was last loaded.

In other words, if you are playing a game on NS_Nancy, and then go watch a HLTV server of a game on NS_Eclipse, and check your minimap, you will see the NS_nancy minimap. But if you know ahead of time what map you are going to be viewing via demo/HLTV, you can load up the proper map ahead of time in a real game so you have the proper minimap loaded.

Sometimes, the players on the side you were most recently on will also show up on the minimap, and they do update, but the buildings wont update, and the enemy players wont show up unless they are in line of sight. So if you were on aliens on ns_eclipse, and then go straight to a HLTV server also showing ns_eclipse, you may be able to get a functional minimap that shows all the alien players and some of the marine players on the correct map, although the buildings shown will be the ones from last game.

I believe going to the ready room before switching servers will prevent this, as RR disables the map command. I'd have to experiment more to know for sure though. And I'm not entirely sure how these things work in demos as opposed to HLTV.

Fun fact: If you've ever wanted to see a CO minimap, this lets you do it. Simply load up a CO map on a private server, then join any HLTV server, and bring up your map. It will show the minimap left over from the CO map you were just on. CO minimaps look weird.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X