3.0 Beta 2 Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0 Beta 2 Released

Just grab it off one of the mirrors from the Downloads section of the site.

Changelog:

O Changed Combat respawn system. Players now respawn in bigger waves, and time to wait depends only on team size (so smaller games spawn faster). Spawn times vary from 4 seconds (1v1) to 25 seconds (16v16).

O The return of the Gorge to Combat! This should address the problem where marines can heal their CC easily while the aliens cannot.

O Fixed bug in UTIL_SharedRandomFloat that fixes bug where bullet holes were firing with perfect accuracy for everyone but the shooter (bug #233)

O Changed catalyst packs so they no longer do damage to recipient

O Fixed bug where holding walk key while cloaked sometimes allowed you to move too fast and uncloak you

O Halved acid rocket damage and energy cost (to make rockets more fun to use)

O Fixed bug where lerk sometimes showed spike model

O Fixed bug where aliens sometimes spawned with the wrong weapon selected (bug #249)

O Increased Fade stats from 250/100 to 300/150 (+33% damage capacity)

O Increased Onos stats from 700/500 to 700/600

O Increased cost of heavy armor to 2 levels (Combat)

O Increased redemption chance from 30% per second per level to 35% per second per level

O Experience is again awarded for repairing the CC or healing the hive (currently 1/3 the amount). Removed faster hive healing in Combat to compensate.

O Changed welder to have a random ROF (gameplay effects should be unchanged)

O New welder sound

O Electricity damage reduced from 25 to 20 (to compensate for increased range)

O Scan upgrade can no longer be purchased multiple times in Combat (bug #478)

O Fixed bug where options on the pop-up menu looked like they were available before they actually were (also bug #478) (should also fix bug where prices weren't shown in NS mode)

O Fixed issues with alien pop-up menu in NS mode (bug #471)

O Fixed bug where aliens with level 3 movement upgrades were taking 1/2 damage from turrets (Thanks Fortuna Wolf!)

O Added missing credits list to ns_agora

O Fixed bug where Metabolize interfered with regeneration (bug #356)

O Fixed bug where Metabolize cost more energy to use then energy it gave back

O Changed hive healing so it now scales healing by the target's hitpoints (the hive now heals 6% of a player's hitpoints per second)

O Changed "kills" to be actual number of players killed, not adjusted for type/level of lifeform (thanks Lux!)

O Removed mp_spawninvul variable (it defaulted to 0 before so this won't change most servers)

O Installer fixes (WON/multiple Steam ids)

O Temporarily removed playback of intro movies until we figure out how to encode them properly

O Updated ns_metal (thanks quazilin!)
    O Tweaks
    O Fixed crash bug when cheats were enabled

O Updated ns_nancy (thanks Lazer!)
    O Added ladder to vent outside of Marine Start. (the "death vent")
    O Port Hive lowered a little, south wall moved back in to be a little more like the 1.x version.
    O Made Subspace vent even more gorge friendly.
    O Better clipping on ceilings of hallways so getting into the ceiling vents becomes a lot more possible without leap.
    O Lowered r_speeds, and other assorted tweaks.
    O Added a few things to the readyroom... :]

O Updated co_pulse (thanks tommyd!)
    O Improved marine spawn point locations
    O Added more room to the marine start

O Updated ns_tanith (thanks tommyd!)
    O Removed welds near waste hive to prevent marine camping
    O Fixed in-the-void siege/building exploit near fusion hive
    O Fixed vent-siege-building in new vent by waste hive[/url]

this is a server side update correct?

Comment

good, they beefed up aliens =P

Comment

My preliminary feedback on the changelogs:

-Gorges back in Combat for hive healing, and required for it again with the hive regen nerf. Sucks. Not only does this allow the insane Umbra/Primal Scream/Gang-Healing stalemates that were around earlier in the beta, but it once again absolutely requires at least one player on the team to sit on Gorge duty, get adrenaline and heal the hive nonstop during any and all attacks. It's boring, and nobody wants to do it. It happened in beta, it will happen again.

-Acid rocket change. Acid rockets are too weak for a hive 3 weapon, and they will still be too weak with this change(just "more fun" now, I guess). I don't really see how requiring twice as much spamming makes them more fun.

-The Fade HP change does nothing to address the large skill gap which makes all the different between gimped and overpowered. Fades are much too elite a species and it's obvious that nothing is going to be done about it.

-Hive healing change. What is he thinking? This means that the hive will heal skulks at 4 hp per tick. Enough said on that I think.

Other than that it's pretty good IMHO.

Comment

This is the first Changelog I've agreed with 100%. Woot!
          I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

For those of you who don't already have it (yeah, right)... here's an obscure download source I found in a thread at ns.org... downloaded very quickly for me.

http://home.comcast.net/~silicon11/ns_install_v3_b2_patch.exe

Probably not necessary, but I'm just trying to be helpful.

Wyzcrak
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Zek
              -Gorges back in Combat for hive healing, and required for it again with the hive regen nerf. Sucks. Not only does this allow the insane Umbra/Primal Scream/Gang-Healing stalemates that were around earlier in the beta, but it once again absolutely requires at least one player on the team to sit on Gorge duty, get adrenaline and heal the hive nonstop during any and all attacks. It's boring, and nobody wants to do it. It happened in beta, it will happen again.
              I will HAPPILY be that gorge all day and all night.

I GET gorges. Even if I can't build stuff, I know how to drive a fatteh around a map better than a lerk, fade, or onos. And the addition of webs might mean that jetpackers and gaggles of HA actually have a chance of being stopped.
              [volun2]
              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

-Gorges in combat
                Didn't see it in previous beta, but if you get xp for healing then you can level up v quick. Increases teamwork. Gorge only has to heal when the hive is damaged, not all the time. Hive still regens so can ignore a small amount of damage.

Acid rockets
                They are already incredably powerful zek. They are the only ranged attack, along with spore. A few acurate ARs will take down an LA very quickly. It is certainly more powerful than the LMG. It can even take down HAs OK as the fade can blink in and out of combat using guerilla tacktics on the HA. A fade can sit in a vent and take down amy structre pretty quick.

It was way overpowered when it was hive 2 and was the worst thing about 1.x.

Extra HP gives a bit more tollerance, but still requires skill which is great. Fade should NOT be tanks, but node killers and guerillas.
                Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

"-Gorges back in Combat for hive healing, and required for it again with the hive regen nerf. Sucks. Not only does this allow the insane Umbra/Primal Scream/Gang-Healing stalemates that were around earlier in the beta, but it once again absolutely requires at least one player on the team to sit on Gorge duty, get adrenaline and heal the hive nonstop during any and all attacks. It's boring, and nobody wants to do it. It happened in beta, it will happen again." - Zek

"I will HAPPILY be that gorge all day and all night." - Pokerface

Add me to that list. I've enjoyed playing gorge since 1.0, and still prefer to be it whenever I can. But we're something of an odd group here. :)

I admit to not having used acid rocket in some time. Blink/slash and hive 3 requirements have made it something I simply don't think about the majority of games.

The hive healing change I'll need to see. I can't believe he'd do that to skulks ON PURPOSE....

Comment

LOL have you used acid rockets in a real game? they don't do jack. It can takes upwards of 10 acid rockets to kill a LA marine, almost. The half damage makes them a joke, imho.

Comment

I am not your friend when I have acid. I think they've very, very effective when used correctly, and when used as part of this complete breakfast (ala teamwork).

Wyzcrak
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

They need to fix the verticle range on healspray if they are going to add gorges to combat for the specific reason of healing the hive.

On most combat maps it's hard for the gorge to heal the hives.

Comment

On most combat maps it's hard for the gorge to heal the hives.
                          if not impossible without the help of a gorge or a skulk to stand on...

OR they could just make it that the marines have to jump to weld comm chairs... yea that'd be cool, the Comm chair upsidedown on the ceiling... no but then onos' would have a hard time hitting em.... Okay, Gorges spray needs to be longer.
                          RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

OR they could just make it that the marines have to jump to weld comm chairs... yea that'd be cool, the Comm chair upsidedown on the ceiling... no but then onos' would have a hard time hitting em.... Okay, Gorges spray needs to be longer.
                            :D

Not really with the Onos, considering the extreme vertical range of Gore. But that would be funny to see. In fact, I think that could make a really cool CO map. Set it on a spaceship that has crashed on a planet, so everything is upside down :D
                            I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Ugh, I'm sick of Gorges already. Beta 2 has been a painful reminder of why they were pulled before. They make games longer, they make defense crappy for both teams(Marines get spawn-webbed, aliens need to heal spam hive), and they make the game boring for whoever gets stuck on hive-slave duty(assuming that anyone Gorges at all instead of just going Lerk/Fade and letting the team lose).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X