A Horrible Gorge Rush Wins the Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Horrible Gorge Rush Wins the Game

That was awesome, just now. As marines, we got owned by a very formidable alien team, so we knew that we couldn't as aliens beat them in a drawn out game, and chose to gorge rush. We all strung out, got to double before realizing that marines had relocated, took a wrong turn on the way there, split into 2 gorgey groups, one of which was quickly wiped out, the marines dropped siege towers and sentry guns, yet we still won. We dropped several OC's, those that died either regorged or attacked as skulks, and we owned.

Even a horribly executed B-rate plan against greater odds (and a relocate) can sometimes bring sweet victory :P

Re: A Horrible Gorge Rush Wins the Game

damn... wish I had been there for that one. Just last night, I had some people over that I have told numerous stories about NS and after showing them some TG on HLTV, I played the last Gorgerush.dem demo as an example of how funny games can end up. They were both very amused.
    _________
    <OP8-322>
    %#^^^#%

Comment

This was rediculous. Some gorge rushes can be worked out to where if they are executed correctly, even a well organized and skillful marine team can be destroyed.

Our version of a gorge rush was, ehhh not organized. We all chambered and upgraded adrenaline, started out nice. We were runnign to marine start when we realized that there were no marines there. We turned around and headed to double where we started getting hit by marines. Some of us kept going thinking they were on the right side of double and the others stayed and fought. The marines turned out to be relocated just on the ramp by purification. By the time the second group met with the 1st group, several gorges had already died. We rushed into their relocate and lost a couple other gorges. By that time the marines already had a turret or 2 and a seige. We decided, well we may as well keep trying. So we dropped a couple oc's and tried to defend them. By that time we had the respawned gorges skulking in from sewer and knocking some marines down. We finally over took the marines and killed the tf.

I think during the entire game we had atleast one person giggling over the microphone at how poorly executed this rush was. Then at the end when we took down the comm who was building an IP in marine start I kind of just burst into a surprised laughter. I've never really laughed like that.

Awesome game. That was awesome.

Comment

That person was me :)

Comment

I was having a very hard time trying to 'corral' our gorge herd over the mic because I was straight busting up laughing. When our gorge amoeba finally made its way over to the east side of double, and someone reported that they were in purification, we started herding back over towards their new base.

Now, allow me to digress a moment. When I was in 6th grade, I decided to join my buddy in 4H, and raised two pigs to sell to market. People say pigs are smart, but they're not a very co-operative kind of smart. There's a lot of shoving and biting and grunting when a bunch of pigs get together. Now when I was watching those gorges run around frantically, spraying in no particular direction, and just kinda following the gorge in front of him, thats ALL I COULD THINK ABOUT. Suffice to say, it was extremely amusing and rewarding.

Great job guys. Way to stick with it.

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Just goes to show you that a good plan executed now is better than a perfect plan exeuted 10 minutes too late.
            a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
            Celibacy is not Hereditary.
            Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
            Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
            Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder
              Just goes to show you that a good plan executed now is better than a perfect plan exeuted 10 minutes too late.
              You can not execute a perfect plan late.
              Because it is perfect it is without flaws, and can not be beaten.
              No plan is perfect, no one is perfect.
              Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Originally posted by Eternaly_Lost

I really don't think that was his point.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternaly_Lost
                  You are most definitely not a marine ;)
                  USAR

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                    That was awesome, just now. As marines, we got owned by a very formidable alien team, so we knew that we couldn't as aliens beat them in a drawn out game, and chose to gorge rush. We all strung out, got to double before realizing that marines had relocated, took a wrong turn on the way there, split into 2 gorgey groups, one of which was quickly wiped out, the marines dropped siege towers and sentry guns, yet we still won. We dropped several OC's, those that died either regorged or attacked as skulks, and we owned.

Even a horribly executed B-rate plan against greater odds (and a relocate) can sometimes bring sweet victory :P
                    I need a translator. :row__577:

Comment

LOL. Tactical game banter is so silly..

Can't help but think of this:

http://mzonline.com/bin/view/Python/BanterSketch

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                        I need a translator. :row__577:
                        You're gonna need a doctor after I'm through with you :(

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X