• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mapcycle

// Old default instructions:
    //
    // Instructions for using mapcycle.txt
    // No, you can't change maxplayers on the server, but you can skip maps that don't fit the current # of players
    // If no suitable match is found anywhere in your mapcycle file, then the server just moves to the next map in the file anyway.
    // Minplayers or maxplayers set to 0 mean don't restrict based on that parameter. You don't have to include minplayers or maxplayers if you
    // are not making a restriction. They default to 0 if missing.
    // You can list a file twice in the rotation now
    // You can issue a command ( rather than setting key value pairs ) at the server console by bracketing it with a blank
    // key value: e.g., \mycommand\\
    // minplayers and maxplayers are special tokens and are parsed and removed before the commands are executed
    // Commands are executed just after the changelevel command occurs.
    // Be sure to remove conflicting settings from any server.cfg or listenserver.cfg files you use since those values will stomp
    // on the ones you set here
    // The double quotes are necessary
    // BTW, the old format will still work
    //
    // NS instructions:
    //
    // Other notes:
    // - Combat and NS maps are mixed to both types for variety.
    // - Use minplayers of 0 for popular combat maps, so an empty server is ready for small numbers of players to join.
    // - Reduced maxplayers on bast and hera for CPU reasons
    //
    ns_metal "\minplayers\9\maxplayers\14\"
    ns_caged "\minplayers\9\maxplayers\14\"
    co_angst "\minplayers\6\maxplayers\14\"
    //ns_hera "\minplayers\12\maxplayers\14\"
    ns_lost "\minplayers\9\maxplayers\14\"
    ns_nothing "\minplayers\9\maxplayers\14\"
    co_faceoff "\minplayers\0\maxplayers\14\"
    ns_mineshaft "\minplayers\9\maxplayers\14\"
    co_daimos "\minplayers\8\maxplayers\14\"
    ns_origin "\minplayers\9\maxplayers\14\"
    co_kestrel "\minplayers\8\maxplayers\14\"
    ns_tanith "\minplayers\9\maxplayers\14\"
    co_rebirth "\minplayers\4\maxplayers\14\"
    ns_nancy "\minplayers\9\maxplayers\14\"
    ns_veil "\minplayers\9\maxplayers\14\"
    co_core "\minplayers\0\maxplayers\14\"
    ns_eclipse "\minplayers\9\maxplayers\14\"
    co_pulse "\minplayers\8\maxplayers\14\"
    ns_ayumi "\minplayers\9\maxplayers\14\"
    ns_agora "\minplayers\9\maxplayers\14\"
    That's our current setup.

Provide feedback if you feel it necessary.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

If maxplayers is how many people need to be in the game for the map to no longer show up, it should be at 10 for combat maps IMHO. Classic doesn't get enough playtime with all the new players who want to play combat every time in a 7v7.

Comment

i think combat should be limited to > 10 players on the server....

to tell you the truth combat is fun but i get bored very fast with it..

Comment

Originally posted by billybob

Comment

I've played multipe games with 24-25 players on co_* maps, and they're really fun, so I dont think they should be limited to under 10
          RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by billybob
            i think combat should be limited to > 10 players on the server....

Comment

I'm confused. Are you guys saying you don't want combat maps being played unless there are AT LEAST 10 people on the server?

Wyzcrak

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I don't know what they're talking about but I was saying that it shouldn't switch to combat maps if there are more than 10 people. Vinzalf, those games are fun for a little bit but they're too chaotic and they always end up in half-hour stalemates.

Comment

heh, i thought the > sign thingy was facing the other way.

Should be limited to less than 10 people.

Comment

Agreed... if there's enough people, we should be playing classic, at least, by default (an admin can change it or a co map can be voted if the 14 players want it).
                    [volun2]
                    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I understand now. That makes more sense.

Here's a reflection of that, rearranged for readability. If there are no recommendations for change, the following rotation and rules will go into effect sometime Sunday.

[code:1]// Old default instructions&#58;
                      //
                      // Instructions for using mapcycle.txt
                      // No, you can't change maxplayers on the server, but you can skip maps that don't fit the current # of players
                      // If no suitable match is found anywhere in your mapcycle file, then the server just moves to the next map in the file anyway.
                      // Minplayers or maxplayers set to 0 mean don't restrict based on that parameter. You don't have to include minplayers or maxplayers if you
                      // are not making a restriction. They default to 0 if missing.
                      // You can list a file twice in the rotation now
                      // You can issue a command &#40; rather than setting key value pairs &#41; at the server console by bracketing it with a blank
                      // key value&#58; e.g., \mycommand\\
                      // minplayers and maxplayers are special tokens and are parsed and removed before the commands are executed
                      // Commands are executed just after the changelevel command occurs.
                      // Be sure to remove conflicting settings from any server.cfg or listenserver.cfg files you use since those values will stomp
                      // on the ones you set here
                      // The double quotes are necessary
                      // BTW, the old format will still work
                      //
                      // NS instructions&#58;
                      //
                      // Other notes&#58;
                      // - Combat and NS maps are mixed to both types for variety.
                      // - Use minplayers of 0 for popular combat maps, so an empty server is ready for small numbers of players to join.
                      // - Reduced maxplayers on bast and hera for CPU reasons
                      //
                      ns_metal &quot;\minplayers\10\maxplayers\0\&quot;
                      ns_caged &quot;\minplayers\10\maxplayers\0\&quot;
                      //ns_hera &quot;\minplayers\12\maxplayers\0\&quot;
                      ns_lost &quot;\minplayers\10\maxplayers\0\&quot;
                      ns_nothing &quot;\minplayers\10\maxplayers\0\&quot;
                      ns_mineshaft &quot;\minplayers\10\maxplayers\0\&quot;
                      ns_origin &quot;\minplayers\10\maxplayers\0\&quot;
                      ns_tanith &quot;\minplayers\10\maxplayers\0\&quot;
                      ns_nancy &quot;\minplayers\10\maxplayers\0\&quot;
                      ns_veil &quot;\minplayers\10\maxplayers\0\&quot;
                      ns_eclipse &quot;\minplayers\10\maxplayers\0\&quot;
                      ns_ayumi &quot;\minplayers\10\maxplayers\0\&quot;
                      ns_agora &quot;\minplayers\10\maxplayers\0\&quot;

co_pulse &quot;\minplayers\0\maxplayers\9\&quot;
                      co_core &quot;\minplayers\0\maxplayers\9\&quot;
                      co_rebirth &quot;\minplayers\0\maxplayers\9\&quot;
                      co_kestrel &quot;\minplayers\0\maxplayers\9\&quot;
                      co_daimos &quot;\minplayers\0\maxplayers\9\&quot;
                      co_faceoff &quot;\minplayers\0\maxplayers\9\&quot;
                      co_angst &quot;\minplayers\0\maxplayers\9\&quot;[/code:1]

Wyzcrak

Comment

yeah thats something i would go with...

i made a typo before i mean less than 10

Comment

Is Hera lagging the server again? Is that's why it's off?
                          [volun2]
                          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                            Is Hera lagging the server again? Is that's why it's off?
                            Hera is gone. It was removed from the offical release due to unfixable balance issues.
                            I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Am I right in thinking that we can still vote for maps and get them regardless of # players?
                              Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X