Hambone Mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hambone Mode

Heyi have never tried Hambone mode. i think it could be a lot of fun. can we try setting the server to hambone mode for combat. also if hambone mode is fun we should find a way to let the people vote it in.

Thats my 2 cents
    "The electric Yellow's got me by the brain banana!"

huh

Comment

I believe it is a mode in which you choose your upgrades every time you die. So every time you respawn you could potentially rebuild your character.

I thought this was a good idea until I tried it. I found it kind of annoying to have to reselct all my upgrades, especially annoying as an alien where you have to gest x times to get all your upgrades again.

Maybe I was doing something wrong but I thought it sucked :).

PS for this to work we would probably need Invulnerability so that you could have a second to choose your ups when you spawn. This would add to the problem of stalemates. If there was no invulnerability, ppl would spawn with no ups and get raped :).

Having said that sure, we should give it a go one night, doubt people would like it much though. I am currently tired, but for some reason maybe having weak opponents spawning would cut down on stalemates. I guess what i'm saying is lets give it a go.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

It would be cool if you got to pick which upgrades you wanted before you spawned in.

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
          It would be cool if you got to pick which upgrades you wanted before you spawned in.

Comment

Hambone mode in its current incarnation is pretty much unplayable, for reasons that Polska mentioned. As soon as you get an onos into Marine spawn, or 2-3 high level marines in the hive, the game is over. It takes spawncamping to a whole new annoying level.
            I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Hambone mode sucks. As soon as everyone in the base dies, you're screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
                Originally posted by _Ender_
                Heh. Something to do while you're dead. Brilliant. :)

Has anyone suggested this at ns.org?

Wyzcrak
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

It beats just sitting there twiddling your wacker.... or am I the only one who does that?

Comment

Have to agree with Ender, hopefully the ns devs could take something like this into consideration

Comment

On the "twiddling your wacker part" or being able to pick your upgrades when dead?

Comment

Yeah, it was suggested a lot when Hambone Mode went in, along with plenty of other ideas. So far Flayra hasn't acknowledged any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Zek
                          Yeah, it was suggested a lot when Hambone Mode went in, along with plenty of other ideas. So far Flayra hasn't acknowledged any of them.
                          Twiddling your wacker? ;)
                          I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley
                            Originally posted by Zek
                            Twiddling your wacker? ;)

HAHAHHAHAAH!

Comment

Loads of people requested it the other night, but n00b admin that I am, I didn't know the command. :blush:
                              Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X