Combat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat

It's a damn waste of time. TG should only play "real" NS.

My opinion...
    AutoBalance ON
    0%
    AutoBalance OFF
    0%
    Yes, they add a tactical advantage to the game.
    0%
    No, I don't use them.
    0%
    Leave it at "1", if they do it enough they'll get kicked.
    0%
    "2" is good, that's twice as long as good players have to wait.
    0%
    "3" is a decent punishment...
    0%
    Let's set it higher. They may not have enough time to TK anyone else, but it'll keep 'em out of the game.
    0%
    I miss ya man!
    0%
    Bah who cares about sniper :P
    0%
    COME BACK! I MISS YOU!!!!
    0%
    Come back so i can get kills off you :P
    0%
    I agree with these guidlines
    0%
    I disagree with these guidelines and here's why
    0%
    I could care less
    0%
    I have four nipples
    0%
    Yes I always have the cockpit on - my name is Max Immelmann
    0%
    No. The cockpit off gives back that situational awareness you loose from a 2d screen.
    0%
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    That's a stupid idea!
    0%
    Oh hell ya!!
    0%
    Move to 7pm est......
    0%
    Leave it at 4pm est.....
    0%
    Every night!
    0%
    4-6
    0%
    2-3
    0%
    0%
    Zero
    0%
    RvS sucks, it's too buggy.
    0%
    Yes.
    0%
    No.
    0%
    I don't care.
    0%
    Survival
    0%
    Team Survival
    0%
    Bomb
    0%
    Hostage
    0%
    Pilot
    0%
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Maybe so...
    0%

maybe so....

even though it can suck at times i dont think we should never play it.
    (hopefully someone else can say that better ;))

Comment

Heh, You know what sucks? Small games. I'll always prefer a game of classic ns over combat, but if it's a classic game of ns with lets say 5 v 4, i'll ask that we switch to combat. small games of classic ns suck.

Comment

I happen to like combat....at least for the moment.

Comment

It doesn't inherently suck...it just depends on who's playing at the time.

Comment

I love Combat as much as regular NS

Comment

The problem is that combat is just is bad at small games as C(lassic)NS. It's an inherent problem with the way the FPS side of NS is balanced. In a straight up fight, assuming two decent players, the marine will win because he can aim. This relegates the skulk to ambush/flanking tactics which don't work that well in NSC(ombat) because the marines have NO incentive to leave their spawn until they've built up a few levels and want to end the game.

Not to mention the fact that good jetpack pilots are even worse to deal with without OCs. And good fades are nigh invincible without ST/Electricity.

But that's just me... :)

Comment

Originally posted by Lirix
                The problem is that combat is just is bad at small games as C(lassic)NS. It's an inherent problem with the way the FPS side of NS is balanced. In a straight up fight, assuming two decent players, the marine will win because he can aim. This relegates the skulk to ambush/flanking tactics which don't work that well in NSC(ombat) because the marines have NO incentive to leave their spawn until they've built up a few levels and want to end the game.

Not to mention the fact that good jetpack pilots are even worse to deal with without OCs. And good fades are nigh invincible without ST/Electricity.

But that's just me... :)
                What does electricity have to do with it, SGs are great counters for fades, HA is also a good counter. JPS are countered by gorges and acid rockets.
                Skulks are good late ingame only if there is something else to distract marines like a fade or onos. If your a skulk after 10 min unless you serve a specific reason then you should die.

Combat has just as many strats as classic NS in the first 3 mins. You must confirm who is going to do what, gorge, fade, lerk. People still play combat like its CS, a bunch of 1 on 1s instead of helping eachother out.

Comment

It doesn't suck inherently. It does suck in small games, almost as much as Classic. Even so, I think people are more likely to join a combat small game than a classic one and so it helps fill up the server. I do think that we should never play Combat when there are enough for Classic though(at least 10 people).

Comment

Re: Combat

Originally posted by Spectre
                    It's a damn waste of time. TG should only play "real" NS.

My opinion...
                    I agree to a point. Combat is WAY better for a game of say, 2 on 2, than Classic could probably ever hope to be.

That said, I'm all for dropping a game of combat wherever it may happen to be in the game as soon as the 8th person joins the server, so a 4 on 4 game of Classic can start.

Combat is there to pass the time until the server fills up, so far as I'm concerned.
                    [volun2]
                    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I prefer combat over classic NS myself

Comment

When people say they enjoy Combat, I say "Ok, I suppose some people can enjoy it." But when they say that they actually prefer it..

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

i like to through it in the mix every so and so. Classic can also get very boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                            When people say they enjoy Combat, I say "Ok, I suppose some people can enjoy it." But when they say that they actually prefer it..
                            That is okay, someday you too will be enlightened :P

Comment

Combat fills the "too few players for classic NS" niche fairly well, and is worth keeping around just for that. It's not perfect, but it beats trying to have fun with a 2v2 classic NS game, especially as a marine.
                              "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X