I have had NS dreams of...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have had NS dreams of...

The "You might be an NS player if..." thread prompted me to post this. It's not funny, just true. The dream felt real at the time I dreamed it.

Post by just blurting out your NS dreams. Interpretations to come later :) Joke with a (j/k) at the end.

I have had NS dreams of...

Onos in Horseshoe.
    Siege at Wal-Mart (j/k)

--
    Shroom
    -- Shroom
    I tried smoking mushrooms once. Couldn't keep the pizza lit.

Re: I have had NS dreams of...

I do recall waking in the middle of the night, once, and thinking that NS, somehow, had played a role in a dream. I don't recall the details, but I do remember thinking I was damn nerd.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Funny, whenever I play NS it feels like I'm in a dream.

Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

If I play too much before I go to sleep, I feel like I've been dropped into game. I've had many amazing NS_Hera games in my sleep. The weird thing is that they generally feel like I'm sitting at my computer, and I have a lot of trouble sleeping afterwards. -shrugs-
        And you guys thought I was normal.
        --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

I once had a dream I was a gorge, I was in the hive (which was some kind of abandoned church), and I was building pillow chambers. They looked kind of like DC's except they were nice and soft. After I built a couple, I just rested my head on them. Ahhh. That's nice.

Comment

I remember very clearly a dream where I went to bite down an arms lab. However, when I chomped down on it all my teeth got broken because it was made of metal :(

Comment

My dreams tend to involve alot of different things in my life smooshed together. I remember one where I could fly, and at one point ended up turning into a lerk, but I was too afraid of people to get close enough to bite them :(.

Comment

I don't know if it was this thread or the shots of vodka or what, but friday night/sat morning I had like an NS dreamathon. It was pretty demented.

Oddly enough at some point I was a gorge again in yet another hive that was inside of a church (this time building offense chambers and turrets, no pillow chambers). Is there some kind of freudian analysis that can be done here?

Comment

Originally posted by rs_al
                  I don't know if it was this thread or the shots of vodka or what, but friday night/sat morning I had like an NS dreamathon. It was pretty demented.

Oddly enough at some point I was a gorge again in yet another hive that was inside of a church (this time building offense chambers and turrets, no pillow chambers). Is there some kind of freudian analysis that can be done here?
                  Yes, it obviously means you want to armory hump your mother as a gorge.

Comment

Originally posted by rs_al

Being a gorge represents the helplessness of childhood, the hive represents your desire to return to the womb, and the offence chambers / turrets are phallic symbols.

The dream suggests you have castration anxiety and unresolved anger toward your father for competeing with you for your mothers affection... who you want to sleep with. Happy?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Pirate
                      who you want to sleep with.
                      with whom you want to sleep.

Comment

I don't think they had invented all that grammar stuff back in Freud's time ;) Also, I didn't use a comma, I used ellipsis. I think that makes exception :p.

Comment

Ok ok, I can live with that analysis. But how about this (same night):

I'm a heavy along with a bunch of other heavies attacking Archiving hive on ns_hera. The attack goes poorly, I'm the only heavy left alive and I escape through a pg. At the next pg is just outside of data. I weld it, then walk in to data where I see a skulk. My gun is out of bullets so I hurredly rummage through my pockets to produce my keychain. However I notice my car key has fallen off the keychain so I reach deeper in my pocket and find that. Now, armed with car key, I viciously attack the skulk. After getting hit the skulk disapears and is replaced by a broken hot wheels car, which I understand as the game's representation of skulks.

Some notes:
                          * I played a game recently where a heavy train got wiped out at archiving, leaving only me and one other heavy alive. The two of us took a lot of crap from the heavies who got pwnd.
                          * I say "data core", but it was actually archiving, except here the entrance was on the side on one of the second floors, the area where I entered from was the dead end hallway between shipping and aux gen on ns_caged.
                          * I recently had this RSA security token fall off my keychain. I found it a week later in my driveway.
                          * The hot wheels car was a car my manager left on my desk last year on my birthday, along with a card. This year I received only a corporate card in the mail, my current manager did not mention my birthday.

Comment

You live through an extraordinary event, try and fix it, attack what harkoned the event, only to find that you've broken the only thing you had left in the process.

Thats the most psychological thing I can think of :P

Comment

The only NS dream I had came after staying up and playing combat for 2 hours until about 3 AM. The dream was just a res tower pumping over and over...I don't know how long the dream actually lasted. I guess I was really looking for a game of ns_*. (oddly enough, I know the rt was at topographical on ns_veil) ?

NS wasn't the first game I dreamt of, back when I was 11/12 I was super addicted to Mechwarrior 3 and had at least one dream of playing that. Fortunately, those are the only 2 video game dreams I can remember.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X