Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HLTV session March 18th 8PM EST (7PM CST)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HLTV session March 18th 8PM EST (7PM CST)

WHEN: Saturday, March 18th @ 8PM EST (7PM CST)
    WHO: Everyone is welcome
    WHERE: tgns.tacticalgamer.com:27075 (and join TeamSpeak, too)

Teamspeak information is located here http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...formation.html If you have any questions about teamspeak you can send me a pm on the forums or find me on irc in #tacticalgamer on the gamesurge server.

We will be watching a HLTV demo of two teams playing a match (or a game on the TG server) while myself and others do commentary and answer questions. This is a good way to expand your knowledge of ns.

Kind of a low turn out last week, hopefully we can improve that. I'll be showing a demo from the cal playoffs, many good rounds were played.

Re: HLTV session March 18th 8PM EST (7PM CST)

I was going to be there last week (it sounded really interesting from the description), I just forgot =(

Personally I think the most interesting part of watching demos (if not the most valuable) is hearing both team's voicecoms at the same time, which we can't get with CAL demos. I'm only one voice though (and one that didn't even make it to last week's home demo, to boot), so don't put too much stock in what I say.

Comment

I've always found the TGNS games more entertaining, as I know everyone, and hearing voicecomm from both teams, even if you only catch the anxiety levels and inflections, and not so much the content (I keep volume really low so that I hear TeamSpeak clearly), really adds a lot to the suspense of watching the game unfold.

CAL matches, though, really are more educational, as I'm being exposed to ideas that often don't make it onto TGNS. Plus, these players are more experienced and skilled in the game than I am, so I always walk away having learned something (as I only often do with the TGNS games).

The mix of entertainment and education, from week to week, is excellent.

I'll be there Saturday night. Looking forward to it. Many thanks, Lazy.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Come join us please =)

Comment

Well, that was a little disappointing. The HLTV was ok, but we couldnt put together enough support for a captains game after. Not enough regs. It was a great game anyway, but only one game, and then the server emptied in like 5 minutes flat afterwards.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X