Rules Update (kinda)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules Update (kinda)

Please take note of the announcement regarding team balancing. The information should be nothing new to regulars; we have but corrected an oversight by putting the words into print.

Please feel free to PM the admin of your choice should you have any questions or concerns.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Re: Rules Update (kinda)

I'm assuming this only applies to NS games?
    In CO, shouldn't the extra man go to whoever is losing in terms of kills at the time of joining?

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshi MCF
      I'm assuming this only applies to NS games?
      In CO, shouldn't the extra man go to whoever is losing in terms of kills at the time of joining?
      I was wondering about this as well.
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Historically the team switching policy has been limited to NS mode. Players should keep the teams even in CO, but marines dont necessarily get the extra.
        Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
          Historically the team switching policy has been limited to NS mode. Players should keep the teams even in CO, but marines dont necessarily get the extra.
          To amend: we care far less about CO. Marines NEEDN'T get the extra, though such action is usually preferable.
          [volun2]
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.

Comment

In really small co games, like 2v1 and 3v2 I personally think the marines need the extra player. I doubt it makes a large difference with more than that. In small games like that balance relies so much on the skill of the players, that it may as well not matter which team deserves the player.

I will say, in 2v1 if aliens get the two players they will win if they actually try. One alien can kill the chair faster than one marine can kill the hive (both vanilla) and aliens win if the time runs out :x.

Comment

In extremely small CO, its almost impossible for aliens to lose if they play it right, use para a lot, and hit the chair whenever marines leave base. You can really only get a fair game if aliens agree not to hit the chair.

...That said, a "fair game" of very small CO usually means "whoever gets to level 3 first wins".

Between those 2 notes, I'm strongly of the opinion that 2v2 NS is better than 2v2 CO. There are certainly difficulties that come with very small NS games, but I don't think they are nearly as bad as most people make them out to be. So theres really no reason to play CO just because "you dont have enough people for NS".

Comment

Good call on the 2v2 NS. It's a very different game than larger NS games, but each side has some advantages and disadvantages in small games.

I will say in favor of small co games over small ns games; in a small co game if the team balance is messed up (skill wise, not player # wise) or one team has the superior strategy, the game still ends within 15 min (often much much less). If it's an NS game, it's likely to go on to the dismay of the people on the losing team, much longer and with a feeling of inevitable doom as they watch the enemy slowly advance and control the map. Usually upgrades are gotten and hives are completed, then either aliens are slowly making way clearing another hive or marines are slowly pushing toward destruction of a hive, and it continues slowly in that team's favor until the end of the game. The number of RTs controlled plays heavily on this but whatever causality you prefer, the team with the most RTs tends to be the team that slowly pushes forward. Even a constant fight over RTs (which is normal) one side tends to come out ahead. You can see the end coming from miles away, and there is little you can do.

If people got more familiar with the differences in strategy for small NS games it would probably lead to closer games, at least where there isn't a clear winner within the first 5 min. And in general for small NS games, which team wins is more up for grabs than for small co games.

Of course if more people join, it's anyones guess.

Comment

Bumping for an update. The home of the rule is the same, but a piece (bolded) has been added for clarification.
                  ----------------
                  Team Balancing: It is expected that the teams be kept in balance (even numbers, or with the marines getting the extra person). People joining the server and people in the readyroom should not factor into the decision-making process, as whether or not they join the game is an unknown quantity. The rule of thumb is that the person lowest on the scoreboard will be the one to switch, but the team is welcome to choose any player it wishes based on the impact to the team at that moment. Regardless of the process, it should happen swiftly. If the teams are not balanced in an expeditious manner, the administration reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary to enforce team balance.
                  [volun2]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X