c-d issues?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c-d issues?

So I can't play on the tg server tonight. I keep getting kicked. The console says that CD is required. Duh. I have it. I have the latest version, according to the CD website www.unitedadmins.com/cdeath.php.

But the message on my console mentions 4.13.0, I have 4.12.0 and the latest version on the CD website is 4.12.0. What gives?

I'll post more if I figure anything out...
    --
    CaveDog
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

I'm having the same problem. :evil:
    I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

right, so now after another reboot, CD client decided there is an update after all. Right. Makes total sense. So why can't I download this version from the website? Got nothing. Why doesn't the client self-update work right the 1st or 5th time? Got nothing.

I would like to turn this soon to be dead thread (rhymes :)) into a request. How bout the admins don't upgrade the server the millisecond that an update comes out, so the crappy CD software has a chance to decide to update? This isn't the first time this has happened to me. Am I the only one?
      --
      CaveDog

Comment

United Admins released 4.13.0 this morning....

Try refreshing your web browser...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I just went to thier site. Got it. Installed. Should be OK. :)

I agree with cave. Anounce the new version in the forums
          then install after a day.
          I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

Well, for the record, no admin action was responsible, or is ever responsible, for CD kicking you due to a recently-released client version. I don't pretend to understand exactly how it works, but... I think we have CD configured to demand that you have the latest client, regardless of what server version is running. How does it know what client version is most recent? I'm not sure.. maybe it hits a central server regularly.

We're still running 4.11 on the server. This is the latest version for servers.

I'll look into changing the configuration so that we, the admins, dictate what client version is required. I don't know if it's possible, but I'll look into it.

If anyone has helpful information about CD configuration, feel free to share it.

Sorry for the problems guys.

Wyzcrak
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I've added this to the server.cfg file:

//What version of the CD client is required?
              cdrequiredversion "4.12"
              I'll try to keep this updated to the most recent version of CD, and I'll try to avoid updating it until at least 24 hours after the new version is released.

Wyzcrak
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

dont bother with that command wyz, CD automaticly checks a server to confirm that what clients are running.

It then will give you the message that CD v x.xx.x is needed.

I had the same problem as most people with the lastest update, A reboot seems to fix it for some reason or another.

Lastest version is 4.13.1

Comment

lol, so now i go to www.unitedadmins.com and I get redirected to http://se1.kr.unitedadmins.com/

I wonder if they were having problems at the main site.

Maybe if they didn't to the silly requiring the new version the millisecond it is out they would have such capacity problems? Just a thought. They have enough problems with their update mechnism. I can't believe someone would design a system where they force that much traffic all at once, but whatever. Preaching to the choir it turns out, but thanks, and now, back to your regularly scheduled program.
                  --
                  CaveDog

Comment

I also had CD issues today. It first froze when i tried to update after getting booted by the server, then my CD just froze upon running after that, reboot didnt fix it, so i had to uninstall and reinstall.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

I had no problems with CD at all today.. which is a surprise.

Comment

I had to reupdate a few times, But other than that, it was okay =P

Comment

I have had this problem if I don't check for an update, join get kicked and then hit update straight away. I think it might have an issue woth updating whilst it is still hooked into HL. The solution is to have patience.
                          Either
                          1) check for an update before joining every time
                          2) After being kicked, wait for your computer to stop working on closing NS.
                          Close CD and steam.
                          Launch CD.
                          Update CD
                          CHECK the version number to make sure it has changed. It doesnt always. If unsure, close CD and open it again.
                          Only when you are 100% sure that you have the latest version, you can open steam.
                          Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

If Auto-Update won't download the patch, check the site. If the site doesn't acknowledge the patch, make sure it's not cached(Shift-Refresh).

Comment

Originally posted by Zek
                              If Auto-Update won't download the patch, check the site. If the site doesn't acknowledge the patch, make sure it's not cached(Shift-Refresh).
                              didnt/doesnt work.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X